Forums are back in action! ×

thoughts on this routine...

Um yes. Not only HIIT but the volume of plyo contacts in the first week alone is criminally negligent.

"as the routine has been carefully designed to allow your muscles to rest effectively."

I shot coffee all over my keyboard.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

my first thought was... he he he... nipple :P <-(wrong emoticon?) aaanyhoo yh that 60 mins of HIIT can bugger off thats craaaaaazy maaaan though most of the rest seems relatively typical of an average all round workout (flyes... shudder) so the whole thing should be ignored and we should all gaze skyward to our nerdy god :) (Steve)

After thinking about it for another minute I'm convinced this is some kind of a joke. Well it's definitely a joke, but I'm convinced it's an intentional attempt to see what kind of wacky shiat a decent looking website can con people into doing. I can't help but notice this person doesn't put her/his name on this thing.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

My muscles started getting mad at me just reading this...

First of all, isn't HIIT supposed to be short? I've literally never seen a full hour of sprints before.

Machines? Grah. 250 reps of abs, but it doesn't matter what exercise? Just... ugh.

Thank god the lift'n'sprint crew got to me before this goon.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Any trainer that built that should be drug out into the street and ... re-educated. That's Chronic cardio out the gate. (it might be fine as a fitness test to do once every few months, but not as training). TBH, you will kill yourself doing that and anyone who isn't already in GREAT shape will likely hurt themselves. Not okay.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

I got to 5 sets of 8 deadlifts. Then I just started laughing. Bwahahaha! I mean granted I like deadlifts, like a lot. Like I would run off to Vegas with dead lifts if I could. But 5 sets of 8?!?! At heavy heavy weights! I'd be on the ground puking.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I got to 5 sets of 8 deadlifts. Then I just started laughing. Bwahahaha! I mean granted I like deadlifts, like a lot. Like I would run off to Vegas with dead lifts if I could. But 5 sets of 8?!?! At heavy heavy weights! I'd be on the ground puking.

Again, if you can do 5 sets of 8 deadlifts, you're not lifting enough weight. There had better be a reason (last night I did a LOT of deadlifts ... like 40, but that was less than my max weight as part of a metcon, not as a strength building deadlift).

Level 3 Human Ranger
My Current Challenge

Again, if you can do 5 sets of 8 deadlifts, you're not lifting enough weight. There had better be a reason (last night I did a LOT of deadlifts ... like 40, but that was less than my max weight as part of a metcon, not as a strength building deadlift).

Agree'd. If I ever try to pull a 6-8 plate DL that many times shoot me.

I wonder if the 5x8 takes into account warmup sets? For DLs I do 25 reps at lighter weights then jump to heavy stuff.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Agree'd. If I ever try to pull a 6-8 plate DL that many times shoot me.

I wonder if the 5x8 takes into account warmup sets? For DLs I do 25 reps at lighter weights then jump to heavy stuff.

Does this look like the sort of workout that believes in warm up sets?!

Now i want to send it to Mark Rippetoe to get him fired up. Or Greg Everett. Someone that gets mad easily. In fact, twitter here I come.

Level 3 Human Ranger
My Current Challenge