Forums are back in action! ×

Hello whoever decides to read this!

I technically joined the rebellion a year ago. My original post stated that I wanted to lose some weight before going into my first year of college.  But I screwed up. A couple months ago I was diagnosed with Anorexia. Basically, I did all the wrong things to lose weight. Now, I'm in recovery, and I want to learn how to be healthy. I thought this would be a good place to keep me accountable.

Hi Katnissthehobbit,

From your post I can see you have already accomplished amazing things in your life. You may have come across some struggle with anorexia but now you have sought out help and have received it from professionals, I can't stress this enough, THAT IS AMAZING good for you! Next you have joined these forums to tell people about your life and fitness plans, that is also great. I am a newbie poster but have scoured the nerdfitness forums for a long time and I can tell you that people here are ultra supportive and extremely knowledgable about fitness in many different aspects. I wish you the best in your recovery and please stay active on the forums I hope to see you post again. 

• Like 2

Hey and welcome back!

Hope we can all help! There are a lot of other Nerds around who have fought EDs so hopefully a few of them will pop their heads in to be supportive. It's really, really, effing tough to break out but the fact that you are getting help and you've got us here for extra support is an extra boost in your corner.

Sundae :) 

Welcome to the Rebellion. I think you'll find this to be about the most supportive and kind place imaginable. As Sundae said, there are a lot of people here who have dealt with eating problems, whether full-blown EDs or simply disordered eating, and they are often willing to be open about it. Those who haven't had those experiences are still very compassionate and gentle. (Unless you want some tough love, plenty would also be willing to yell and scold if that's what you wanted :) )

Have you thought about challenges or what guilds you might be interested in? You don't have to make a choice, of course, you're a Rebel by default and we've got a pretty friendly group. You might want to spend some time with the Druids too, as they tend to be focused on emotional/spiritual health as well as the physical.

Welcome and good luck on your path!

• Like 1

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

Welcome. I'd like to add my support to what the others have already said. I've struggled with food myself and something I found helpful, which is a real focus here at NF, is the idea of how your eating and moving all go together to contribute to your ability to function positively in the world. There's also no idea of failure here, just bumps in your journey, and it's your journey, not anyone else's, so nobody else's achievements matter.

If you'd like some food specific support, or an accountability buddy for anything you don't feel comfortable with discussing with the world at large, please feel free to message me. As the others have said, people are very compassionate here and have a wide range of experiences and expertise, so make the most of them when you can.

Best of luck