Forums are back in action! ×

Beating diabetes. This is it!

I was inspired to get fit by a friend the other day and shortly after I found NF. I've been binge reading articles today! My current plan is to tackle the exercise and as that becomes a habit I will tackle the diet. 

I have a lot to lose and really want to be healthy for my kids. Diabetes runs in my family on both sides and I don't want to end up with it. But that is my direction if I don't change. Looking for some accountability. 

Is there any way you'd consider the reverse of what you're doing (cleaning up diet and getting nutrition down and then focusing on fitness)? Just a few thoughts on why I'm asking

If weight loss is your main focus diet is 90 percent of it. I mean, it could even be 100 percent of it if you wanted it to be but we want to be active around here too, so lets stick with 90 :)

After you shed some weight it's easier to start a routine, especially on your joints since you've already shed a few pounds. 

You'll find help on both facets and weightloss alllll over these forums, here's to a great start!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Thanks slates! I do know diet is a bigger part of it than exercise. In the past I have tried to start with diet and I usually can't make the habit stick and then never get to the exercise. Or I do both and it doesn't last. So I'm trying something new! I have steps to tackle diet. This week is making a meal plan and food prep. Later I'll cut out dairy, then sugar, etc. I plan to eat well 90% of the time and that 10% will mainly be parties, invitations to dinner, etc. 

so far I have stuck to my plan 100% and I'm excited to keep going. Eventually I'd like to do pull ups and a handstand and eventually take a gymnastics class. The class will kind of be my reward after 2-3 months of healthy habits. 

Thank you you all for the support!

• Like 2