Forums are back in action! ×

Longtime lurker decloaks, waves excitedly

Hello!

I've been following Nerd Fitness for a while and decided to say hi, rather than lurking. So hello.

I've been working out once a week for a year and a half, upping to twice a week ish, nd I've just started learning how to do big 3 lifts. I'm excited to find out what I can do, and have a host of goals that I try to do all at once. So focusing on a few at a time is step one. Current set for next few months are reduce body fat, get stronger and increase mobility so I can squat, arse to grass. I'm a Londoner as well by the way, so none of this ass business.

Looking forward to taking part and cheering other people on

Roflhouse

Privateer Adventurer

STR 4.75 | DEX 1 | STA 6.75| CON 2 | WIS 5| CHA 3

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not sure yet in terms of training programme - I'm learning proper form via a weekly course, so I'm going to take a look at what the instructor hands out as our follow up. I'm hoping it'll be a nice, simple, big weight, low rep, add a shoulder press and a pull up and job done. I've now got a gym I can lift at, so maybe that twice a week?

I do TRX training, which is fun and is really helping with balance, flexibility and core strength, so ideally I'd like to combine lifting with that, and then because I like it, maybe some boxing. That might be overdoing it though, so I'll keep an eye on myself to avoid overtraining.

Generally though, next few months are about fixing my lazy arse. Like many office workers, I've got no glute activation! That has a carry through into running, giving me a tight IT band, which hurts my knees. So I want to get that better.

Then long term goals -

Run faster - I do circuit training in the park from time to time and tend towards the back. I wanna be at the front.

A pull-up - you can see movement from me now, a few months back, I hung motionless from the bar.

Standing back flip - just because really

And other fun stuff - to be honest the targets on today's post seem pretty good.

I'm not too bothered about weight really - I'm reasonable for my height and sex (5'5, 63kg) so nothing too much there. If it goes down cool, if it goes up and is muscle, cool too.

Very short term, I'm doing the tower 42 stair climb next week. It's gonna hurt. So psyching myself up for that!

Privateer Adventurer

STR 4.75 | DEX 1 | STA 6.75| CON 2 | WIS 5| CHA 3

Welcome to the Rebellion! And great goals - short term and long term! Good luck. :)

P.S. I want to see the standing back flip when you achieve that goal. I've been toying with the idea of front flips myself at some point, but there's quite a bit of time between then and now. :tongue:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)