Forums are back in action! ×

My twisted motivation

So, I've been off the site for a few weeks, and i did slow down a bit. Not much.. not enough to put on weight. I was doing enough to maintain.

Roll on Lent. Most people give stuff up, but I decided not to be negative, and to me, 'Giving up' is saying No to stuff. Which is a negative approach. So, I have decreed - I shall do 1 hour of physical activity a day (Over and above my usual walking around etc).

I have given the gym a fair shot, and I still don't like it. So I'm trying to make that hour each day as interesting as possible - Kayaking, Climbing, Tumbling, Hiking etc. - and I use the Gym as my 'If I haven't found anything fun to do, it has to be gym'. This week has been so much fun, and i am aching all over.... but I don't feel like I've been working out.

Just thought I'd share, for anyone who isn't a massive fan of the gym - It can be used as motivation all the same!

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place?

What if to get to heaven you have to brave hell?

What if everything you ever wanted, cost all you ever achieved?

Would you go there?

Heh, its nice to see someone on a fitness site that shares my sentiments!

I had a nerd-idea for making the gym a bit more interesting... When i'm on the bike - The one with a chair and backrest.. not the one with a bicycle-style seat - I shall bring my DS with Pokemon While pedalling. Hopefully the time will whizz past!

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place?

What if to get to heaven you have to brave hell?

What if everything you ever wanted, cost all you ever achieved?

Would you go there?