Forums are back in action! ×

It has been awhile but I have finally returned.  Life has seemed to finally mellow out again and now I have focused inward.  Many small projects have been accomplished but my journey to being healthier has always been on the back-burner. But now I have a quest.  In November I am attending my best friends wedding. The theme of the wedding is basically her cosplay and comic book characters ( https://www.facebook.com/childrenofproteus/?fref=ts )  So an Atlantis, sea critters, and steampunk kind of feel.  Sounds interesting huh?  She requested that I specifically should do a bit of cosplay for the wedding as she knows that 95% of her guests will being wearing regular wedding attire.  I told her that I would be Ariel as it is simple enough to achieve.  I have a perfect dress to wear to the wedding ( image below) ...but it is my senior prom dress when I was at least 60lbs lighter. 

So quest acquired!  Lose at least 50lbs, attend wedding in great shape.

Not only would this be for the wedding but future cosplay projects that hopefully I will be starting soon with my boyfriend.  Projects I would like to be a bit lighter in weight for.

Mostly have problems with thinking up a plan, be it fitness or food.  I get too overwhelmed with all the choices and such but I know if I just buckle down I can reign it in. 

4848_1139484298009_5236721_n.jpg

Cleaning up Diet (cut down on sugar, bread, portion size)

1%
1%

Weight loss (180-140)

1%
1%

Starting 1001 Movie blog (50 entries by September)

5%
5%

Glad to see you join the community! If you dedicate yourself I feel that you should be able to complete your quest. My advice to you though is to break it up into small goals. If you do do not, you will always look at what you have achieved as just a small amount of progress in a big goal. If you break it up though, you achieve several small goals and that can do a lot for your self motivation. The biggest challenge with fitness is the mental aspect, if you do not reward yourself along the way you run the risk of feeling like you are not really accomplishing anything. I hope I explained that in a way that it makes sense. 

The longest roads always have a mead hall or two along the way to break up the adventurers monotony!

• Like 1

Hey!

Its nice to see when people come back, I'm sure you've been missed by a few folk around here. 

Your friend's wedding sounds epic, but can I just ask... Is it THIS November or next? Because if it's this year then there's no way that you could lose 50lbs by then. At least not by any healthy means, and I wouldn't encourage you to try. 

However, if its next year then it's totally doable! Especially with the help and support from all the awesome people around here. :D

I take it you know your way around the forum but if there's anything I can do to help then just ask. xx

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously