Forums are back in action! ×

Uneven Arm Pain?

I've been working through the Advanced Body Weight Routine and I've got a weird question. I've been getting more soreness in my right shoulder/arm than in my left. I'm wondering if its because my right arm is stronger (that's my baby-carrying arm). Maybe when I'm doing my dips/pushups/chinups, I'm copensating for my weaker left arm by pulling harder with my right arm (unconciously).

How can I:

* Tell if that's whats happening

* Correct the problem

P.S. Its not a lot of pain. If I was feeling it equally in both arms I'd chalk it up to post workout soreness. Feeling it in only one arm makes me worry, though.

I had the same thing happen to me. It started off gradually enough, but turned into tendonitis.

I'm not saying this is what's happening to you, but maybe ease up a little bit and see what happens... The other option is to see if you can do some single limb exercises, mayby some dumbell curls or something similar to see how your arms react. If one side is weaker than the other that would probaly be the easiest way to spot it.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to provide more input, but it's an idea for you anyway.

If you use one side of your body predominantly for a task, there will be an imbalance in strength. It's nothing to worry about, and it should correct itself as you continue working out.

My shoulders are muscled differently from rowing, so when I squat, the bar is always tipped a few degrees. It was a little off-putting at first, but you'll get used to it.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Happens to most of us. My shoulders are visibly different heights (+1") from baling straw as a kid, and even though I'm right handed, my left arm and shoulder are stronger. You will just need to baby sit the weak side. Make sure your form is correct on that side and use it as your guage of when to quit, increase weights/reps etc. Correcting an imbalance is one use for some single armed/legged exercises.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker