Forums are back in action! ×

Academy with back problems?

I've been looking around and the Academy looks like a fun way to get myself into the proper mindset for changing my lifestyle. However, I have a disc herniation and it does limit what I am able to do in terms of certain exercises and some of the workout routines from the Academy look pretty firmly set. I was wondering if anyone else with back problems has used the program or if there is room for change in the routines? All feedback is much appreciated! 

Thanks

I don't have a back condition, but I have seen many Academy members report, that they have had a disc herniation at some point in their lives.
If anything, they found the NFA to be helpful. Also for every exercise there are alternatives given. I couldn't say if they are possible to do for you.

It's worth having a word with a fitness professional or physiotherapist before starting any sort of exercise programme if you have a disc herniation.

I've got an L4/5 herniation and I'm still a powerlifter, but I have a coach keeping a tight eye on me, physiotherapists providing support and my choice to continue training has been signed off by a consultant neurosurgeon.

That's not to say NFA won't help, but try to speak to professionals first and keep in touch with them.