Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there, hi there, ho there!

Hehe! Yup, if it didn't work the first time... 

Have you found your way around the forum ok? It's quite big and can be a little intimidating until you get used to it. 

(I'm going to copy and paste this next bit and the site hates my phone so things might go a little... Strange. Apologies for that.)

I like to recommend the 4 Week Challenges to people because it makes you an active participant in the forum, lets you meet other members, form friendships and get some accountability. They're also a really good tool to help you reach your long term goals by breaking them down into smaller, short term goals which I think is important in keeping you motivated.

It's a tough slog to just keep working away toward losing 50lbs (for example) and trying to change everything all at once - eating better, exercising more, cutting soda, stop smoking..... Arrrrrgh! 

But if you have a challenge to, say, cut out soda over 4 weeks. Then go on to do another challenge to eat vegetables with one meal every day for 4 weeks and to use the stairs at work instead of the lift. You can focus on making small changes at a time, and make them lasting changes! And all the while you're getting support and advice from your fellow nerds  Coz we're like that. 

Here are some links to help you find your way around. :)

The challenges run on a four week basis, with a suggested format to follow of 3 diet or fitness goals and 1 lifestyle goal, though of course it's entirely up to you whether you follow that format or make up your own. Here is Spezzy's post explaining how it all works. We are just finishing the current challenge but the next one starts on the 17th so you should be able to join in on that if you want. 

Along side the regular challenges, some people like to take part in PVP (person v person) challenges with other members, you can find a list of them Here

The Guilds are just a way of grouping people (and challenge threads) together based on shared interests and goals. You don't have to join a guild and even once you do you're free to change if you want to pursue something different. And just because you are a Ranger (for example) that doesn't mean you can't read or post in the Warriors section and vice versa.

sorry for possibly sending you to sleep with such a long post, I hope you find some of it useful and I look forward to seeing you around. If there's anything you need at any time, just ask. :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

don't try to lose weight!

try to fix your eating patterns (I know it might sound like it's the same thing but it really isn't)

once you've done that/are doing that, losing weight will happen automagically.

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.