Forums are back in action! ×

New to the rebellion. 

I have five babies, a dog, a cat, a turtle and homeschool(and I can't have any caffeine due to an extreme sensitivity and aversion to it!) 

Obviously I need energy/ strength/ and sanity by the bucket full. 

I suffer from anxiety and depression and it really kicked my tail this last year from loosing my grandmother I was very close to. I pretty much ate whatever I wanted and sat around as much as possible. Top that with what I lovingly call my leach baby who is now 2 years old and still prefers to be with me 24/7, and I ended up completely miserable. 

One day about 6 weeks ago I realized how badly I was treating myself and decided I needed to get back on track. I know how to eat well and exercise I just wasn't doing it(used to love yoga and free weights)

So I am slowly cleaning up my diet, and getting back in shape. 

My strength, flexibility, and energy are all way up! Granted my clothes don't fit because I've put on a ton of muscle but I consider that a good problem which is mostly fixed by wearing sundresses or workout clothes.

Currently doing 20-30 minutes of yoga 6 days a week. Walking around 2 miles 3-4 days a week, and working on strength training with either body weight exercises, dumb bells, or our bow flex(trying to move away from this but it has to do something other than hold laundry) 4-5 days a week. 

Looking to continue to build strength, flexibility, and stamina. 

I feel so much better when I take the time to take care of myself and I know it helps me be a better mom. 

6 weeks ago trying to vacuum the house was exhausting. This week I was dancing while vacuuming after a full 60 minute workout! DANCING!!! 

I also love hiking but live in an extremely flat, concreted place. 

This may have been a bit long but thanks for reading. Super excited to meet some fellow Rebels! 

• Like 2

Wow! You have totally turned that on its head! I'm glad you've made the time to look after yourself and that you're feeling so much better for it. Yaaaaaay! :lol: 

Just a word of caution though, it sounds like you've changed a LOT in this last 6 weeks, and that can be difficult to keep up once the initial "Woo! Exercise!" feeling wears off. 

If you're doing yoga 6 days, walking 3-4 days, and strength training 4-5 days, that's a lot to fit in to your schedule. I know it can be done, I probably had a schedule like that myself when I was active, but I built up to that level slowly where as you have kinda jumped in at the deep end. What we don't want to happen is for you to hit that point where it's all just too much and you quit. 

What I would say is to spend some time working on turning the changes you've made into habits, don't change anything else until your sure that these changes are solid. If you've been doing them for 6 weeks already then you're almost there anyway. ;) 

The next challenge starts on the 17th of July, or there's the Battle Logs, where you can keep track of your workouts. 

Please dont think I'm trying to knock what you've achieved already, because I'm not. You've made some fantastic decisions not just for you, but for your whole family. I just remember what it was like when I wanted to get healthier. I tried to change so much, I was sooo full of enthusiasm, and I failed. I had bitten off more than I could chew. I wish I'd taken things a bit slower first time around. :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks Guzzi, I've made sure to take it slow and work up to it in the six weeks. I'm actually only using up maybe 1 1/2 time at most per day. I break it up in 3 parts and it's totally doable. Thankfully it is becoming habit! 

Also working on respecting my body and modifying when I need to like this week at the start of my cycle. 

My oldest walked with me for a mile today and my second oldest walked part of one. Found a playground with a walking track around it that worked out great! 

• Like 1

That's fab! It's great to get kids involved, it sets such a good example for them.   :angel:

Do you think you'll take part in the next challenge? You don't necessarily need to make up any new goals, you can use the challenge to really cement what you're doing right now, or you can work towards a new goal if you feel ready for it. 

Either way, it's a great way of meeting other people and making friends. I find it helps to keep me accountable and stick to my goals. It's also fun. At least it is when you're daft as a brush, like me. :P 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously