Forums are back in action! ×

Screw Respawning - I'm Remorting!

Player Two Has Entered the Game!

The old me is gone. Profile, posts, highs, lows, and even character and level - all of it. It's time for a class change and a role reconfiguration, and that always means starting back at level 1.

I'm (as of today!) a 34 year old, married father of two looking to set an example for a pair of toddlers (hereafter referred to as 'the Knuckleheads') and provide support for the missus (hereafter referred to Player One).

I'm finishing up my bachelor's degree this August after a return to college in the wake of far-too-many short-term contract jobs in the IT field, after an injury prompted my separation from the Air Force. I fought through one of my worst bouts of depression in early 2015, after a falling-out with my closest circle of friends cost me the lot of them and the ensuing mental state cost me my incredibly well-paying job, which I have yet to find any kind of replacement for (I'm currently making 25% of what I made there as a Student Programmer, doing the exact same work for the sake of further proving just how much Universities are exploitative, capitalistic institutions). I'm currently working my way down from my lifetime heaviest weight of about 200 lbs. For a guy that's six and a half feet tall, that doesn't seem like such a big deal. For the skinny kid who's still carrying no muscle but the lion's share of a gut, it's every bit as emotionally devastating and self-defeating as anything anyone could struggle with, believe it or not. I've dropped back down to about 175 only through a regimented diet of depression medication and meals comprised of anything the knuckleheads don't finish.

Plainly stated, I feel like freshly shat shite sharts.

But that's me. And that's not who this remort is for. Sure, I could stand a bit of improvement, but I'm looking to do that through effective support of Player One. How else would a Bard level up, after all? When the Academy first rolled around, I gave it some serious consideration. When they let everyone know the prices would be going up if we didn't ACT NOW!!, well, I of course gave into the hard sell (kidding...mostly). Courtesy of a nest egg with the relative value of a literal egg, I had to decide whether to sign up for myself or to gift it to the missus, who has been struggling with her own issues and image since the Knuckleheads came along. And, as I've spent far too much time wondering just how much good my presence has done in this poor girl's life these past ten years, I figured I could step up and be the gentleman at least this one time, yeah?

So...she's Player One, and I'm the Bard. I provide the buffs and morale boosts, I convince her all my best ideas were her own, I take more than my share from what she brings in, and I leech exp for the sake of keeping pace, ensuring my bare minimum is enough to keep her powerleveling me. I'll be following along with her fitness regime, handling the nutrition, committing myself to the mindset exercises alongside her, and basically functioning as an auxiliary member of the Academy who isn't allowed inside, sleeps in the stables with the pack animals, and generally staves off boredom between adventures with bouts of video games, writing, and attempts at inspirationally-aspirational parenting.

So, cheers, Rebels! The first round's on...uh...her!

• Like 3

Pretty sure this is THE most entertaining Respawn post I've read. :D The Academy instance may not be unlocked for you, but we've got tons of free DLC here at the Rebellion! Plus, a new 4 Week Challenge will be starting soon, if you're interested in Choose Your Own Adventure style play. Whatever goals you're looking to achieve as you move forward with your family party, you'll find a wealth of advice and support to get you there in any of the forums here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa0kuG0rMYyTqX3wSJq5f

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

"Plainly stated, I feel like freshly shat shite sharts."

^^^I'm stealing this! :D 

Welcome back, sorry to hear about your troubles. That sucks donkey ass. :(  I'm glad that you're back on you're feet, relatively speaking, and getting back on track. I hope to see you around the forum.  

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously