Forums are back in action! ×

I'm PUMPED. Today I reached the 20lb milestone on my transformation journey. I started less than 3 weeks ago and have already made significant strides. Everyone knows that in order to lose 20lbs in this time frame that I have to be morbidly obese. I haven't told anyone what my weight had gotten too because I was embarrassed, but feel like NF is the perfect community to come clean with. I started on June 20th at 432lbs, and have no problem disclosing this because it was the past. My mission for the future is to get to 232lbs by living a health lifestyle. I really do not care how long it takes because all that is important to me is staying on the right path.  

My energy is already up, cravings are down and so many things that were difficult are already becoming easier. It seems completely realistic to think that I will be able to reach the 30lb mark in the first month. The biggest factor that has helped me is finding recipes that are low calorie and still taste great. Also, getting out of my comfort zone. I have started doing aerobics at the YMCA. Up to this point in my life all my exercise had been based off things that I learned from my college football strength and conditioning programs. Well, I am in my mid 30s now and no longer play ball so finding new ways to work up a sweat are mandatory. Another thing that I think that has helped me is doing small exercises throughout the day at my desk or wherever. 

• Like 3

That's fantastic! I'm so glad that you found something that works for you. It's great!

Its a funny thing when you lose weight, in the beginning you are so embarrassed by the number on the scale, or those photos where you look awful. You don't want to admit to it and you hide them from people. But as you keep losing weight something changes.

You start to feel proud of what you have achieved, start looking back to find out just how high the number on the scale got, start looking for those photographs that you tried to hide. 

They become badges of honor. Proof of how far you've come and what a struggle you faced. One day you will feel proud to tell people "I once weighed 432lbs, look at me now!" ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

@Hazard I am 6'1'' tall. I celebrated this weekend with a trip to Kentucky Lake, so my eating habits weren't the same, but I was able to not go overboard. It is amazing how crappy I feel from eating all the foods that I have not been eating the last 3 weeks. A big thing I noticed from this weekend was how much easier it was to keep up with my children. The deserve the best version of me. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, A_Bearded_Burton said:

@Hazard I am 6'1'' tall. I celebrated this weekend with a trip to Kentucky Lake, so my eating habits weren't the same, but I was able to not go overboard. It is amazing how crappy I feel from eating all the foods that I have not been eating the last 3 weeks. A big thing I noticed from this weekend was how much easier it was to keep up with my children. The deserve the best version of me. 

Tall dude.   232 lbs should put you somewhere around 15-17% bodyfat I'm thinking.   Was 232 your football weight?

There's quite a few dads around here who rebooted their health for the sake of their kids.  How old are yours?

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

@Hazard Wish I would have been a little taller because I was actually small for my position (offensive line). No, my playing weight was 300 but it was a very fit 300. At that time in my life I could run 3 miles, do 8 pull-ups and 75 push-ups in a row, but the coolest thing was that I beat the #2 tennis player in my high school in a singles match (loved that sport as well but it didn't seem like a good idea to give up football for tennis and they were the same season). It will be rewarding when I can do all these things again and I will. Day by day,  

• Like 1