Forums are back in action! ×

One month in...

So, it's been one month since I officially joined the Nerd Fitness Rebellion. I've joined the Academy and I have re-incorporated lifting weights in my workouts. Mind you, I've been losing weight since I got the mandate from my doctor in March to start losing weight again. In March I was weighing 260 lbs.

Here's a link to some progress photos.

6/8/2016: 234 lbs

7/8/2016: 222 lbs

I'll be taking more measurements shortly.

I just leveled up to Level 3 and already I'm lifiting 40-45 lb dumbbells. Can't quite do an unassisted pullup yet. But I like my progress and feel happier with the strength, stamina, and energy I gained from the pounds lost. Here's hoping for more progress over the next month -- hopefully down to 210 lbs in a month's time!

• Like 4

Wow! I just checked out your progress pics. You can see a slight difference in the side pics, the belly and man-boobs are definitely a little smaller, but the back photo? Holy crap!!! :o You have shoulders now, and muscles! That's a huge difference, you must be so pleased! 

When my bf started losing weight it was the same thing. The front and side pics were ok, but it was the photos of his back that you really saw a difference in. You have quite similar body types though. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Yeah, I'm working on getting that belly down. Don't mind the "man boobs" too much since they are hiding my pecs which will eventually come out. But I didn't notice the back until you pointed them out to me! So I guess I am making some credible progress.

I am really wanting to get rid of the spare tire (the belly) for the longest time. I know there are abs hiding underneath, and depending on my angle I can see them starting to come out, but I just want to get rid of that spare tire. :) I know it will happen with time. Again, at least I'm showing measurable, credible progress so far. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Like 1

You didn't notice???? WTF! :P 

Yeah, my bf was the same. I think it's because you have an area that you're self conscious of so that's automatically where you look to see the change. Colin (the bf) never quite lost his belly, don't lose heart he had a lot more to lose than you do, but he had the back of an Adonis. I'm not joking! :D 

Keep on with the progress pics, they are far and away the best means of tracking your progress. If you want some inspiration then check out Waldo. He has a picture of his abs for his profile pic and they're impressive. But what's even more impressive is when you know that he once topped the scales at 260lbs. :o 

He has his own site www.strengthunbound.com where he has loads of advice on bodyweight exercises if you're interested. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously