Forums are back in action! ×

This is it, I WILL make it!

Hey everyone! My name is Stephen and I'm new around these parts! I'm a young guy of 17 going on 18 soon and I've decided that I should get myself in shape for college and hopefully the rest of my life. I already eat pretty healthily for an average American (don't eat out very often, healthy homecooked meals and good control over my eating habits) but I really want to achieve a fitness level beyond what I am at currently. That is very slightly overweight although in a much better position than a lot of people. I do attend Taekwondo classes which is something but I hope to start working out regularly with the help of this amazing community which in turn will improve my quality of life and martial arts training! I would also like to start parkour somewhere down the line but that's after I get into better shape. I have made half hearted attempts to get into shape in the past but this time I mean it, I AM going to make it!

I haven't exactly chosen a class yet but I am leaning more towards the Monk role although I also like the Ranger, Assassin and Adventurer classes as well - who knows? 

I am a fan of Game of Thrones, Star Wars and a big gamer with special emphasis on games that require strategical thinking (Civ V, Total War, Mount and Blade, etc.).

• Like 2

Awesome, welcome to NF! :) 

Are you going to join the next challenge? It starts on the 17th and would be a good way to meet other members and get advice.  It definitely sounds like you would make a good Monk but I'm sure any of the other guilds would be happy to have you too!  You are supposed to do your first challenge as a Rebel and then you can post in the Monks or Rangers etc, but that doesn't mean you can't read or post in any of the sections.  Have a good look around and get a feel for what each mini-community is like.

Maybe @Machete can give you some advice?  :P 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously