Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings, Adventurers!

Greetings, Brothers and Sisters!

I just signed up a day or two ago and am eagerly working my way through the Mindset Quests. I find myself at times to be a little hot-headed, grouchy, and impatient (which I believe, if I am being completely transparent, stems from my dissatisfaction with my life as it currently exists.) I therefore chose Treebeard as my alter ego as I believe he represents patience, tranquility, and wisdom--traits that I'd like to increase as I journey through this life.

I love fantasy novels (Patrick Rothfuss! LOTR, Harry Potter, Fablehaven, etc.), chess, linguistics, and lots of other nerdy things. 

Basically I'm here for the same reasons as everyone else. To take charge of my life, level up, learn techniques for integrating new positive traits, hack my brain and lifestyle, hang out and chat with out nerds, accountability, support, and of course making great memories over a nice mug of beer, or, even better--mead!

Besides the aforementioned negative qualities given in the third sentence, I have some great positive qualities as well, IMNSHO: (1) I am one of the most open-minded people you'll ever meet, so much so that I often appear nonplussed at even the strangest of spilled beans ("Oh, so you like dipping your ____ in warm peanut butter? That's cool.). In other words, I'm incredibly nonjudgmental regarding trivial things, and almost everything is trivial. (2) When it comes to keeping secrets, I am like a tomb; I am honestly the kind of person you could tell ANYthing to and if you want it kept confidential, I will take it to my grave ("Oh, so you totally did _______ and got away with it? Kudos!"). Okay, maybe those are exaggerated examples, but you get the point.

I also believe (3) in doing my utmost to keep my promises. I live and die by my word. If I say I'm going to do it, I'll do it. If we agree to meet at the Eiffel Tower on June 27, 2021, at noon, I will be there, with absolutely no reminders between now and then. If I'm not there, it's because I died. Or just wait an extra 5-15 minutes--I'm frequently late!

Anyway, I wanted to do an intro that was somewhat unusual and showcased my quirky, nerdy side. I hope I've achieved that.

If any of what I've written resonates with your own inner hero/soul/nerd, let me know. 

--Tree Beard

• Like 4

Welcome aboard.  Always glad to see new people.  Especially when they are cool people like yourself LOL.

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

On 7/12/2016 at 10:05 AM, Tree Beard said:

eagerly working my way through the Mindset Quests.

Hello Tree Beard 
Can i have some ideas for mind set quests
Thanks in advance 
- Lucid

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the academy, and being part of this fantastic community. 

I loved your intro! It sounds like you will fit in nicely around here. There used to be a thread about mead in The Pub (where else!) but it has dropped off into oblivion, perhaps you could start a new one or revive the old one I suppose, lol!

Im sure I will see you around the forum. :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously