Forums are back in action! ×

I suppose it's time: Hello!

Hi there! My name is Amanda and, as you might imagine, I'm new. 

I stumbled upon nerdfitness about a week ago and I really love the idea of turning goals into quests and indulging my inner nerd. I grew up playing dnd, and secretly I've always wanted a world with stats and quests and adventure - so why not just create it!?

I've been overweight for most of my life. I have reached a point in the past 5 years or so where I'm no longer concerned with the numbers, however. I'm a firm believer in the body positivity movement. I know it's a hard step for a lot of people but for me it really needed to be the first step. A lot of people don't believe me at first but I love my body: today, tomorrow, and forever - if I lose weight or gain. 

So, that being said, my goals aren't "lose xx pounds" or "go down to a size x" because that's just not my jam. My goals are more about taking care of myself (body and mind) and feeling good. 

I'm sure there's a lot I could say but I'm kinda terrible at introductions, so please enjoy my go-to fun facts:

1. Yes, I am named after Spock's mother. 

2. I am a bellydancer - I perform with my troupe as well as teach. 

3. I used to make a living reading tarot cards. 

Ps - I'm posting this from my phone, so I hope the formatting sticks :)

• Like 1