Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from New Zealand!

Finally decided to jump on the band wagon and join you guys - I've been following bits and pieces from Steve & Staci and the Nerd Fitness team for awhile now :)

My name is Jaynee. I am a 29 year old girl living in Whangaparaoa (about 1 hour drive north of Auckland, New Zealand). I work for a small IT company, always busy doing all sorts of stuff. I am also studying towards my Masters in Sport & Exercise Science at Massey University. Just completed my Bachelor's in the same last semester. Hoping to get into researchy stuff related to Sport/Exercise, and will probably do a Doctorate later on as well. 

In my spare time (when I'm not working or studying) I like to play golf (I'm on a 13 handicap). I also train 5 days a week at a Crossfit/Weightlifting gym, doing a mix of both Crossfit and Weightlifting. I have also done a few Powerlifting competitions - I did powerlifting training only to start with, but found I was getting pretty unfit so changed to a mix of Crossfit training and strength training. I also play social indoor soccer, though I am really bad at this. I enjoy running, however not able to do much currently as my ITB is currently being naughty and tight and giving me knee pain when I'm too lazy to roll it out everyday. I also enjoy walking and exploring new places. I also like kayaking, and have a couple of full-sized Ocean Kayak Prowler kayaks at home that I enjoy using for both just exploration and kayak fishing when I have the time to go out on the water. 

Other interests include sci-fi (love my Star Trek, Star Wars, and a whole lot of other ones that most people I know have never even heard of), fantasy (love my dragons), reading books, writing (I am attempting to write my own novel, though this keeps getting reworked a lot and not sure how long this will take me), and superheroes (thus the Jazzzaaam! name). I am also a huge fan of Spongebob, and many other cartoons. 

I am already well along the way for my journey to being a better me, but so much more to do to level up in life! 

jazzzaaam.jpg

• Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard.

I am new here also. I am from Gold Coast, Australia, but I am very fond of New Zealand and have been there many times seems my dad is born in windy Wellington.

Sounds like you are already doing a great job with your exercise and it is great to see you have ambition to continue to level up your life.

All the best with everything and I'm sure I'll catch you on the forums.

• Like 1