Forums are back in action! ×

Hi All!

I have been lurking around for a few weeks and meaning to introduce myself but I am finally getting to it (I want to get in on this current challenge)!

Nerd Stats: I love all things Star Trek (for those wondering Janeway > Picard > Kirk > Archer = Sisko), I am super into pretty much anything post-apocalyptic (my current obsession is the 100), zombies, etc.  I am also a big book nerd and grew up loving all things fantasy.  I am a defender of Hyrule and a trainer of Pokemon.  So basically just one big pile of everything nerdy.

Other Stats: I will be turning 30 in just shy of five months (ugh typing that out was rough).  I was super active as a kid, I showed horses competitively, played ice hockey, was a sponsored snowboarder, hiked, climbed, etc. You name it, if it was available in Colorado I did it. Then I ended up in the dreaded desk job and dropped activities and gained pounds.  Worse yet, I started law school and lost sight of all things outside that epic quest.  

I am now in my 3rd year of law school and finally feeling like I have some time to breath.  I have realized that I don't feel like the person in the mirror/pictures looks like the me I like and I want to change that.  I weighed 180 at my heaviest (I'm 5'5) and have lost about 8 pounds since I got serious around 2 months ago.  I would like to get down to 150 (healthy bmi range) but mostly I want to be strong and fit and feel like my body is a tool and a friend I can count on again.  So here I am!  

I am trying desperately to fashion myself into a runner and I am currently working through the zombies c25k trainer.  I will talk more about my fitness interests and goals in my challenge thread. 

Thanks for reading this far!! I am excited to be a part of this great community! 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, AmayaDances said:

Welcome - I gotta admit your Octavia pic is what drew me in!

Congrats, by the way, on some crazy progress on your epic law school quest! I'm glad you're coming to a point where you can find some balance. 

Thanks! Balance is always my goal and sometimes just seems so un-achievable! 

Octavia is the best, in my dreams I'm that fierce and fearless!

• Like 1