Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everybody,

Hey All,

So I've been following the NF Rebellion for a while and decided I need to join up to help keep me motivated and on track. I guess a little background is in order. I've always been a big guy, 6'1", broad shoulders, just large all around, and that kind of let me get away with being overweight as I appeared "stocky" rather than "fat" and could weakly keep that self image in my head, but when I hit 300 lbs. I knew I had to change things. I'll be 30 this year and I need to do this now or I worry I won't ever do it. I got up as high as 313, but was around 308 when I started getting serious. I joined a gym right by my work and am going to go every day at lunch, lifting heavy 2-3 times a week, focusing on squats, deadlifts and bench press, and working on cardio the other days.

Diet-wise I am working on a modified Paleo, with my goal of eating paleo roughly 80% of the time. My wife is a big bread and pasta fan, so my plan is to slowly work that out of our diets over the next few months. I just have to be sneaky about it. I am giving up beer for the next 3 months while I jumpstart my healthy living and eating, which is extremely hard for me as homebrewing is one of my hobbies. I'll just have to sample it and give it out between now and then.

Anyway, that's me.

Welcome! It sounds like you're off to a great start with the diet and exercise programs already. Make sure to let us know how you're doing.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.