Forums are back in action! ×

I'm feeling kinda lost. I was making good progress (down from 49 inch waist to 44 inches) with a focus on less sugar, and more fiber, and with a simple set of compound lifts. I was ill Wednesday, went to the doctor, and found out (through a CT scan) that I have something wrong with my large intestine (specifics waiting on blood tests), a hernia I didn't know about, and arthritis in my lower back. Now I don't know what I should be eating, or what exercise I should be doing. I had a mode of eating and working out which were working, and now I've got to go back to the drawing board for both. Logically, I know it's just a new set of constraints to manage, but I'm feeling very frustrated.

• Like 1

Sorry that does sound frustrating. Probably do have to wait for more info from the dr before you do lifts. Walking is usually always fine though, and the less sugar you have been doing good at, and that is still fine.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

thismissisup2nogood is onto a good point. This may well be a great opportunity to discover something new. Set backs can be blessings in disguise but it's difficult to see that if the focus is not what you have or what you've lost. The best thing might be to just focus on the next step, or just 'putting one foot in front of the other' which sounds like talking to the doctor about how you were eating and exercising before, and how that might need to change.