Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings,

I'm new to this forum and I'm loving the NerdFitness blogs and everything else it has to offer.

I won't write a lot but I'll try to cover most of the things. Well, I'm a 25 year old dude who has a sedentary desk job and trying my best to always be in good shape, although we sometimes have a lot of snacks and sweets at my workplace, I try not to get too carried away.

At a very young age I used to be quite fat, up until when I completed high school, I made a decision and told myself I have to make a change. I started going to the gym and at this phase it was just trial and error and I kept on educating myself, then back in 2012, I got so ripped and fit that everybody used to take advice from me which was a really great feeling and I had a sense of achievement. Fast forward 4 years later, I've had my ups and downs, sometimes I'm in good shape and sometimes I'm not, but at the moment even though I'm in good shape, I have committed myself to be even better.

Looking forward to see how NerdFitness and the community can help me in achieving my goals, and of course how I can help others as well.

Well done on losing the fat and building muscle, that's a heck of an achievement. You said that you  have your ups and downs, I hope that NF can help you to get on top of that too so that you can be fit and healthy all the time. I'm sure you've learnt a lot on your journey so far and will be able to help and advise lots of people on here who are just starting out. :) 

What do you think is the biggest thing you'd like to change about yourself right now that NF can help you achieve? Health, diet, life, anything. I'm just curious (and trying to get you to expand a little) ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome! There are sections in the forums dedicated to pretty much any kind of diet, fitness/activity goals, and life-leveling-up you can think of. The four-week challenges are great for focusing on specifics while getting a cheering section and support group. Come hang with us Rebels if you haven't/don't want to choose a specific guild. :) 

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

On July 16, 2016 at 9:35 PM, SevenofSeven said:

Welcome to NF and good luck with your journey.

Thank you. I wish you all the best too.

On July 19, 2016 at 7:15 PM, RandMart said:

Welcome Assim

Other than getting ripped, what else were you into back then?

What is the source of your nerdiness? It's not really addressed above

I was into sports as well playing various sports such as soccer, volleyball, basketball and more.

Well, I'm a programmer too. I'm kind of a fan of Marvel and DC Comics but I don't read the comics and only watch their movies. 

22 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Well done on losing the fat and building muscle, that's a heck of an achievement. You said that you  have your ups and downs, I hope that NF can help you to get on top of that too so that you can be fit and healthy all the time. I'm sure you've learnt a lot on your journey so far and will be able to help and advise lots of people on here who are just starting out. :) 

What do you think is the biggest thing you'd like to change about yourself right now that NF can help you achieve? Health, diet, life, anything. I'm just curious (and trying to get you to expand a little) ;) 

I feel diet is a very important factor and that is the toughest for me. Living around people who don't always eat healthy food, so I need to be brave enough and fight my cravings for cheesecake and sugary food and try to eat healthy food instead. I should start my journey with a clear mind and that should help me ensure my nutrition is always in place and hopefully let me have less cheat meals as they are inevitable.

13 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Welcome! There are sections in the forums dedicated to pretty much any kind of diet, fitness/activity goals, and life-leveling-up you can think of. The four-week challenges are great for focusing on specifics while getting a cheering section and support group. Come hang with us Rebels if you haven't/don't want to choose a specific guild. :) 

That's great, I'll try to post on those sections and hopefully I'll be able to help others reach their goals, and also get help for my fitness journey.

• Like 1