Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow rebels!

Hello everyone! I'm Lynn, soon to be 27 next month! And I'm hoping to find an awesome support group here. My family has serious health problems that have so far not skipped any generations. I'm hoping to change that, or at least combat it hard enough that I'm not hit as hard as they have been. My father who is only 20 years older than I, had his first heart attack when I was 18. I don't want this to be me. 

I'm already fighting an uphill battle due to a low thyroid. At 5'10 and 250 pounds I gotta do something. However, I'm not at 250 pounds just sitting on my tail. I work as a server/bartender so my days are filled with lots of running around. And I'm decently active. I divorced my husband a year ago, and leaving that abusive and stressful relationship helped me drop a good fifty pounds. 

I'm going to start the paleo diet, and increase my daily exercise. So if anyone has any pointers please let me know! And as I learn things on my own I'll share! I have a 30 day, well a little over thirty day goal,  to see some kind of results by my birthday which is August 22! 

If you've read all this then thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome! C'mon over to the Rebels and start your challenge; you'll find lots of support. I'd recommend picking two or three really basic goals for the first challenge; it can be as simple as "eat a vegetable every day and do a bodyweight routine twice a week." Then ask for advice on whatever points are troubling you. You'll have lots of advice and helpful folks cheering you on in no time!

Good luck on your journey!

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin