Forums are back in action! ×

Work out suggestions?

Hi again, since I know what my correct calorie intake is now I thought I'd ask for some work out ideas. The only piece of equipment I own at home is a mace for mace training (always looking for new things to do with thy especially the chest) and I should also say that my goal is basically going to be what chrisp Pratt did, so yeah any tips or workout ideas I'm all ears 

5 hours ago, Adeptus Shrimponicus said:

I've looking for info on sprints for a while.  Some program advice would be awesome.

I might be doing them wrong, but here's what I do for sprinting as a part of my 5k/10k training:

• Warm up
  • Run flat-out down the straightaway of the indoor track I train at (60m, I believe).  Anywhere with enough space is probably sufficient, truth be told.
  • Walk back
  • Repeat the process for 20 minutes or so
  • Cool down and hydrate

I suppose I could be doing a more running-specific sprint workout, but I see benefits from just this stupid-basic workout added to my usual 20-ish miles per week.

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

1 hour ago, TheOtherScott said:

I might be doing them wrong, but here's what I do for sprinting as a part of my 5k/10k training:

• Warm up
  • Run flat-out down the straightaway of the indoor track I train at (60m, I believe).  Anywhere with enough space is probably sufficient, truth be told.
  • Walk back
  • Repeat the process for 20 minutes or so
  • Cool down and hydrate

I suppose I could be doing a more running-specific sprint workout, but I see benefits from just this stupid-basic workout added to my usual 20-ish miles per week.

I'm going to try that, thanks.