Forums are back in action! ×

Powered up a skyscraper

This morning I did the Tower 42 stair climb, which is a tower running event. Tower running is running up the stairwells of skyscrapers in a race. A much shorter, more vertical marathon. The building we went up is Tower 42 which is in the City of London, and is the second biggest skyscraper in London at 42 stories high. Other races are in various skyscrapers in various cities around the world.

I finished in 10m31s with more of a trudge than a run, but beat my loose goal of 15 mins, so feel cheerful. And sore. So will look out for my next one and improve my time. And maybe run a bit.

I recommend this as a fun race if you like really short but intense cardio.

Privateer Adventurer

STR 4.75 | DEX 1 | STA 6.75| CON 2 | WIS 5| CHA 3

Thanks everybody, it's the first competitive race type thing I've ever done and it was really fun. And amazingly no soreness today. Although yesterday I just ate protein and then slept like a log.

Ryan, it's just up - running downstairs is apparently a bit risky for your knees and tiredness increases chance of falling over with the obvious unpleasantness of that. Google tower running, there are loads of events - the US generally has lots with your bigger buildings. You can actually just sort one in a big apartment building if the security guys are nice and no one threatens to sue. Pick a building with working lifts though.

I really recommend it - stairs while not all natural are free so heading up and then walking down is a great workout. Hmm, are stairs paleo?

Savychacha, doing 20 flights a day is awesome! Great work.

Privateer Adventurer

STR 4.75 | DEX 1 | STA 6.75| CON 2 | WIS 5| CHA 3