Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

On 31/05/2017 at 6:08 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

So not to bog down Guzzi's Dingbat thread but I wonder how long before American English and British English are going to be even remotely similar, case in point today while down at the coffee shop there was a hodge podge of English, Spanish and French; but then again we all talk to each other over the internet so maybe we will cause the tower of babel to fall again

One of the things that I can't get the hang of living in Shetland is that they call lunch "dinner" and call dinner "tea".  That's just wrong!!!  Every time I get caught out and now I'm just confused.

What do you guys call them?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

3 hours ago, Guzzi said:

One of the things that I can't get the hang of living in Shetland is that they call lunch "dinner" and call dinner "tea".  That's just wrong!!!  Every time I get caught out and now I'm just confused.

What do you guys call them?

In some parts of the US old people still call lunch "Dinner" and dinner "Supper."

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, dinner, tea, supper.  cf "Fellowship of the Ring."  ;)

I'm American and I really wish we had elevenses and afternoon tea/coffee here.  I also wish we had siesta, but noooo, nobody in this country has respect for human biorhythms.  hmph.

• Like 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On 5/31/2017 at 5:02 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I actually got carded for beer the other day, I had a baseball hat on and was fresh shaved (besides my goatee) the woman behind the register looked me up and down a few times before ringing me through

NICE ! That's a nice little sweety for the day. 

.. I had the 10 bucks barber call me Sir and help me into my jacket yesterday... kinda like the other end of that one   :D

(...well of course it could have been because of my new crewcut and the resulting dashing handsomeness of course... yeah... that must've been it...)

• Like 1

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I should also like to have a "you've got to be kidding" and/or "burn in hell" button. But that's probably not work approved.

or the "your lack of planning doesn't constitute an emergency" button

Yea Guzzi, he was another person that I would have loved to have him read me bedtime stories

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

So since i finally have my behind down to a size that fits on a motorcycle i'm like... yeah.. now i'm finally getting the license... sign up for basic intro training..ok... left hand clutch, right one brake, left foot gears, right foot break... now i try to learn how to coordinate all of that for a couple of hours .... and stop, put it in neutral, kick out the stand.... and walk away. Dammmmnn.

• Like 2

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

Good man @Luds!  What are you thinking of getting once the whole training/test thingy is outta the way?

Oh oh and by the way... Motorcycles are completely safe, ok?  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

And speaking of which, I was delighted to hear that Michael Rutter won the lightweight TT!  I missed the highlights on tv because I can't stay awake long enough at night (it's in at 9pm) but I've been recording them and plan on watching that episode tomorrow while Colin and the kids are out at football training. 

Bored, so decided to start an argument on Facespace re: whether the frost giants of Norse lore are oppressed indigenes who were unfairly demonized and genocided by Odin and the other gods.

• Like 5

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Like Odin could get rid of us that easy, but yes a lot of the grunts were unfairly demonized because of their hunger due to their immense size, I mean are you really going to find a herd of cattle to eat in the frozen gloaming lands? The next best thing would be humans.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Well the whole neighborhood is going to love us; we have been having issues with our cable and internet speed at the house, well I called and complained, so they send a tech who checked the line and was surprised that we were even able to get basic cable with the signal we were getting, so the came in replaced the line and now the whole neighborhood is running at 60mbps

• Like 6

Daily Mile

It is, to bad the nice weather is here and I wont' make use of it. Actually streaming music out in the back yard will be awesome, and this fathers day I'm catching up on my show; lmao I'm 3 shows behind in Lucha Underground

Lucha Underground is a wrestling show, that is half Mexican soap opera and half lucha libre , so besides the guys/girls being crazy athletic in their gymnastics they have some awesome story lines. The show itself comes on Wednesdays, like I said I'm behind on a few episodes my wife last night asked if I was going to watch it and I said "No I'm behind on the show" she gave me a strange look and said "It's wrestling" I just shook my head and said "you don't understand"

• Like 2

Daily Mile