Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

Blerg.  My life is empty of meaning and this makes me sad.  Either that, or it means something no one's managed to explain to me.  I hate not knowing what stuff means.

Guess I should go quixotically fight against the implacable law of entropy some more.

I did learn some cool things from Wikipedia today, such as the fact that a protein named "treacle" exists and there's a gene nicknamed "Sonic hedgehog."  (Not making this up, I was reading about embryonic development.)

• Like 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

it's genetic evolution while having as much fun and contentment as you possibly can in the time you're actively involved in the project. boils down to being good to other people and yourself in the long run. na, i don't live by that either. just saying.

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

Honestly I think you would be hard pressed to find an old person like my Gruncle Frank who is 86 years old that would be even be able to give you the answer to "what is the meaning of life" I honestly don't think we are supposed to know, or that if there is a meaning who is to say we aren't living it right now without knowing

All I know is I don't know nothing

The only thing I do know is that life can't just be work, at least I can't work 40+ hrs a week plus add in another 20 hours a week doing house stuff while trying to live a normal family life (ie make dinner, make lunches, breakfast, laundry, clean the house, mow the grass) I'm just tired all the time, I haven't sat down on the couch to watch/play anything in I can't tell you how long, Honestly I started feeling refreshed on Thursday of a week long vacation, that was just eating, sleeping, and hanging out on the beach. Luckily for me I'm done with yard work projects until the fall, I'm absolutely refusing to do anything else, besides re-arranging the garage and getting rid of crap which should only take a few hours and getting rid of stuff in the basement; Which after moving 5 yards of dirt, 2 yards of stone, 2 yards of top soil and grass seed, removed crushed stone from an old drive way,  is gong to seem like nothing. 

Now to make time for myself, which will be beneficial for everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I am done being miserable, it's just not worth it

so I'm saying sorry for being a buzzkill and am trying to turn over a new leaf and become my fun loving geeky self again

One thing I love doing is breaking down data and using it to my advantage, today's math problem. If I ran a 5:40 pace five times for exactly 1 minute each how far did I travel per those minute intervals

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Thanks, yea I'm going to have to try out the sprints at next years track meets, I was just the fast small kid that could run forever so they put me in the mile and two mile and I've stuck with them for all of these years

.18 if I did my math right, so I think I'm going to add on another 10-20 seconds per pick up to get to .25 

Daily Mile

He doesn't like David Bowie........

Does anyone else not say anything when they pick up the phone to a number that they don't know? For instance just now I got a call from Phoenix  AZ  I picked up didn't say hello and after 10 seconds it hung up; if you really want to get a hold of me maybe you should have a real person call me instead of a stupid computer that only does it spiel after someone talks 

Daily Mile

Guzzi this is for you, -3

So today at the gym I felt the threading on my running shorts give out, that was a quick work out

Damn I realized how heavy I really am while doing jumping drills last night, it was fine going up, it was when gravity took over on the way down that I could actually feel the earth pulling me back; where as when I was skin and bones I didn't feel it as much

• Haha 1

Daily Mile

20 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

He doesn't like David Bowie........

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss