Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all!

Since my last introduction mysteriously vanished, I just reintroduce myself:

I am Marc, I am in my early thirties and I am part of this community since February. I have no pressing issues I need to address right now but quite a few things I want to change. I am practicing German Ju-Jutsu since 2008 and I have earned my 2nd masters degree in it in July. I am also a certified coach in Ju-Jutsu. To further improve my art I've also started training in Kali Silat Evolution, which is also a fun martial art to practice. I am a big believer in calisthenics, though I lack the discipline to keep up a training regime. I am just in a "implement healthy habits" mood, (again) and the reset of the questing system was a pleasant coincidence.

If you have any questions regarding Ju-Jutsu I am happy to help. You can also ask me regarding calisthenics and stretching - at least I am educated in those fields :D

Apart from Martial Arts I like Bouldering and I always wanted to take a shot at Parkour. So I would deem myself a Monk-Assassin.

My goals so far:

I want to lose around 20 pound (or exchange it with muscle)

Establish a daily workout routine

Increase my flexibility (First goal: http://breakingmuscle.com/video/5-flexibility-standards-you-should-be-able-to-meet-video, Epic goal tbd, high kicks are certainly a part of it)

Increase my physical strength using Calisthenics Movements (I am a fan of Ross Enamait, Al Kavadlo and Convict Conditioning), goals tbd

Increase my stamina. I am huffing and puffing after a short period of strain which inhibits my ability to perform my art under stress. Goals tbd, but since Martial Arts are often anaerobic, I will work with HIIT stuff to get going.

If you want to connect with me, you can reach me in Fitocracy under the same nickname as here :-)