Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Oh, wait.

"When you're doing this, I need you to imagine you're taking the hardest shit of your life."

In regards to how low you need to go when you do squats. I high fived this trainer. His trainee was putting his ass to the ground on every squat.

EDIT: spelling. i think i was on my phone?

• Like 1

Harken yon field wherein i plantith mine fucks.

Lo, for it is barren!

I've seen that about on a faux e-card thing- and there was something about the way it was written that I wasn't catching. Seeing it written here it immediately clicked.

HYSTERICAL.

I love.

back to overheard at the gym

"doing bridge lifts works your quad". 

hmmmmmm mk.  me think you shouldn't be giving people advice if you don't know what muscle is the focus of said lift.  seriously.  

back to overheard at the gym

"doing bridge lifts works your quad". 

hmmmmmm mk.  me think you shouldn't be giving people advice if you don't know what muscle is the focus of said lift.  seriously.  

Ignorance, the great equalizer.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

3 middle aged overweight women in the gym, trying their hardest. Good on them, right?

I take up the squat rack next to them, get some warmup back squats out the way, follow it up with some warmup front squats. Start loading up my front squats for some widow makers (Booyah, I hate my legs obviously). I hear the women next to me say, "What is that guy doing? Doesn't he know how to squat? What an idiot."

I ... didn't ... even ... wow.

• Like 3

My brother lamenting about losing form over the last couple of years and how after doing 1000 crunches a day he still had no six pack, squat man, squat is what I say, lift heavy, deadlift, lift heavy.

His reply, I hate squats.

*facepalm*

He does realize that no one has ever gotten a six pack from ab exercises, right?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Guest Dirty Deads

They are made the way any other muscle is. They are found I the kitchen for certain. If they are to pop out, they should be built up, then revealed through the kitchen.

These guys have some pretty sound abdominals, and I'll bet they're not doing any crunches

This.

Aren't Abs made in the kitchen?  I thought they were made in the kitchen.

This too.

They are made the way any other muscle is. They are found I the kitchen for certain. If they are to pop out, they should be built up, then revealed through the kitchen.

Also this.

To clarify: visible six pack abs will not be acquired from ab exercises.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

This.

This too.

Also this.

To clarify: visible six pack abs will not be acquired from ab exercises.

Oh man!  Does that mean I need to stop my 400 crunches, 600 side crunches and 1200 oblique planks?

Man, what am I going to do with all that extra time now?

• Like 1

Oh man!  Does that mean I need to stop my 400 crunches, 600 side crunches and 1200 oblique planks?

Man, what am I going to do with all that extra time now?

Well lets see...lift heavy stuff, focus on a new skill (something fun, like handstand push-ups), learn a new language, work on your memoirs...I could go all day! :D

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

My brother lamenting about losing form over the last couple of years and how after doing 1000 crunches a day he still had no six pack, squat man, squat is what I say, lift heavy, deadlift, lift heavy.

His reply, I hate squats.

*facepalm*

Hell, I hate squats too, but I still do 'em.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Are you suggesting all those ab exerciser product commercials are lying...?!

I suggest nothing.

They are lying.

:P

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.