Forums are back in action! ×

Judenex Here, hello

What to say what to say...

My name is Judenex, Jude for short, well not really my name but if you knew my real name you would be spectacularly underwhelmed so yeah.

Im 38- though I could have sworn last time I checked I was 20, the wheel turns and carries us all too far sometimes. So I found myself here in the middle of my storm. 

I have been struggling with my weight, depression, anxiety and an unnatural love of geekdom. The past year has been my highest and lowest point, I have already lost over 50 pounts, at my heaviest I was about  325 US pounds. Thats a lotta biscuits. My stats if you can call them that are:

Im 6'1"

264 pounds

I think I fall more into Druidism than anything but Im classcurious-dont judge.

I am very introverted- so much so Im pretty much cripplingly alone.

Im recently separated from my longtime love-her choice but Im trying to be mature and realistic enough to respect it.

Im a father of a barbarian princess of 5 years old-Geek cred her middle name is Aeryn for those of the farscape persuasion.

I work full time , and in my spare time, when Im not being Dad, Im rediscovering who I am as an individual-hence this all.

Im in the middle of so much change Im scared all the time, but eager to channel it into something good. For me, not anyone else.

I am horribly shy and as I mentioned, kinda lonely so Im hoping to overcome both in time.

I used to game online...a lot. Did all the rounds, and got my extra weight due to those habits. I still poke my head into some games here and there, but never for long and no more raiding for this addict.

I meditate, I listen to a lot of self help stuff, I started to walk and am really just trying to find a direction and motivation, more would be nice, but time will tell. Thank you for reading this far if you made it here is your prize, the phrase of the day is: That nefarious platypus ran away with my spamwich. :(

Welcome! You definitely sound Druidish, but you can be a serial-guild-joiner too. A lot of people bounce around from one to the other as they work on different challenges. Others choose not to choose and stick with the Rebels (a fun bunch, if you want to come hang out :) ) 

Introversion is not a deficit here. Obviously, neither is geekdom. And there are plenty who have suffered with depression and anxiety. All in all, we're a supportive friendly bunch. I think you'll like it here.

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin