Forums are back in action! ×

Alright, Let's Do This!

I’m TheChris, but you can call me Chris if you want. It’s okay, I like you. At any rate, I’m a 28 year old IT guy who does information security for a living. Most of my life has been spent in front of a computer doing things that I felt were fun and interesting, but turned out to be not so healthy. I recently moved from the Midwest, to the South and have decided to reinvent myself. I want to be healthy, I want to be strong, I want to be the kind of nerd that people look at and say, “Seriously? You play D&D?!†not “Seriously….you play D&D?â€

There was a tone change there….don’t worry about it.

Anyway! So I decided to get my misshapen body back into a shape of some kind. The problem was I didn’t know where to start. Since gyms intimidate me and the internet doesn’t, that’s where I started. After reading some of my usual blogs I came across NF, and knew I was home. I did the Beginner body weight workout a few times and decided to sign on!

I suppose I should have some goals, eh? Well For the next six months my goals are pretty basic but feel very important to me. Continue to track all my eating/drinking habits and to stick to the workouts.

My Fitocracy Profile

“I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer. / Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. / I will face my fear. / I will permit it to pass over me and through me. / And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. / Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. / Only I will remain.†– Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Thanks for the welcome! I find your state confusing and intriguing at the same time.

And yes! I'm trying to keep my goals simple and to the point. Hopefully, I can form some decent habits and then move on to more crazy goals.

My Fitocracy Profile

“I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer. / Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. / I will face my fear. / I will permit it to pass over me and through me. / And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. / Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. / Only I will remain.†– Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Oh I think you mean Pie in the Sky's Carnivore Challenge. My coworker and his brother did that and he still talks about how terrible it was. Now I've eaten a lot of things in my day that were....questionable, but I want absolutely NONE of that.

My Fitocracy Profile