Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Ho Hi Ho, Off To Get Fit I Go

Hi Guys! I am in 24-year-old female who enjoys Harry Potter, puzzles, and photography. I have a BA in English so I consider myself to be a literature & language nerd. I enjoy all types of activity including dance, running, and swimming. There are so many activities I would love to do but I feel like I am not able to simply because I do not have the physical strength/stamina to do it, like rock climbing, snowboarding, and ultimate frisbee. My fitness goals are to get to a healthy weight, be flexible enough to do splits, and improve my mental health as well. I have a pretty wide range of interests so I am not sure which class I belong in so opinions would be helpful.

One of my biggest struggles is getting out of my own way, so to speak. I have a type A personality so I have a hard time staying motivate if I don't see results right away. This time is different because I am serious about getting healthy and taking charge to this area of my life. I am opening myself up to have accountability which in the past has been a struggle due to not wanting to be admit failure. I feel like this community is well structured with tons of support and opportunities to get great one-on-one coaching. Good luck and I look forward hearing your stories

For reference, currently I am 5’8 & 245lb. I would love to be able to get down to and maintain about 150. Any tips and suggestions, particularly about food, would be welcome!

hello, fellow 5'8 lady!! 

welcome!! 

re: classes. your immediate goals would do well with the druids. but overall... you could really pick anything. rock climbing and snowboarding are very adventurer-y and swimming and running are scout-y. or you could join the RANGERS and be a jill-of-all-trades. Not that I'm biased ;)

17 minutes ago, surelockhomes said:

I have a type A personality so I have a hard time staying motivate if I don't see results right away.

oof, this one is tough. marathon not a sprint and all those great cliches. you gotta stick with it. go check out the rebels challenge threads and see how many people abandoned their first challenge within a few days :( 

18 minutes ago, surelockhomes said:

I am opening myself up to have accountability which in the past has been a struggle due to not wanting to be admit failure.

I struggle with this. I'm much more likely to not post when I fail and then toot my own horn all over the place when I have a good day :lol: maybe we can work on this skill together??

also, I'm a bit obsessed with food and meal planning and talking about food and calorie counting and weight loss. please let me know if you ever have questions. we can totally be frandz! <3 

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

On August 7, 2016 at 6:34 PM, surelockhomes said:

I am opening myself up to have accountability which in the past has been a struggle due to not wanting to be admit failure.

Ah, we all hate that one, regardless of Type A or whathaveyou. But you'll find that everyone here is really supportive and more interested in helping you pick yourself up, figure out what tripped you, and move on. No judgement, just encouragement. 

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin