Forums are back in action! ×

Long-Time Rebel Reporting for Duty (again..!)

Hi all!

I'm Cassidy; I like HTML, fantasy RPGs, and long walks on the beach *cheesy wink*

I honestly have no idea how many times I've introduced myself on this forum (it's gotta be a lot, I've been a reader of NerdFitness for almost four years and I really have a thing for getting started and never getting finished), but I think this time it's really gonna stick. I'm not exactly here to get fit and look better*, which was definitely my goal when trying to get healthy in the past. This time I'm here to get happy.

* Although I'm obviously not going to complain if that's a side effect.

I'm a student at Indiana University, about to go into my sophomore year. They say you learn a lot about yourself your first year of college and BOY OH BOY were they right. I went into school as a very businessy business major. The first week of school I signed up for *all the clubs*. By the time the Spring Semester rolled around, I was going through sorority recruitment, learned that I actually hate business, and had about 0 time for myself. I was darn miserable. After a pretty intense breakdown this March, I started seeing a psychiatrist and counselor and was finally forced to deal with all the crap I had been avoiding thinking about. Since then, I've been trying to find ways to work with my anxiety and depression (whatta winning combo, amiright!?) and to be a little lot kinder to myself. I changed my major to Computer Science (:love_heart:) and learned how the heck to say no. While I've surely come a long way from where I was, I still have a loooooong way to go. I'm hoping this community can teach me how to respect my body and give some inspiration to continue to improve myself.

I was super nervous to post this (curse you social anxiety) but I know this is such a great community and I can't wait to get to know everyone. I'm so excited to finally start my journey the right way and for the right reasons!

TL;DR: Nerd with anxiety and MDD is here to get happy and love herself

*On a slightly unrelated note, I'm going to be the Secretary of the Judo Club this semester and know pretty close to zilch about judo. Anyone have any good resources for learning how to become a Judoka? (And is Judoka the right term??)

Welcome aboard Cassidy,  I must say that although I do not deal with anxiety or depression myself I do know that many of my fellow Rangers do have the many of the same struggles you do.  Also, I know zilch about judo also so I can not help there although I'm sure there are some in the Monks guild that would be able to help you with that.

btw, I'm Brian and I also like fantasy RPGs and long walks on the beach *equally cheesy wink*

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |