Forums are back in action! ×

Affirmative Change

This may seem small to you, but it's big to me. First off, it's on my personal list of quests to make a change that positive affects others, particularly a physical change to a community.

A few weeks ago, I was over by the pier and talking with a guy who was talking the annoyance of the handicap access. When we went to look at it (we were both headed in that direction anyways), I noted that it wasn't just annoying, but DANGEROUS. The way the handicapped access is forces wheelchairs and strollers to go behind cars that are parked in such a manner that that the drivers wouldn't see someone behind them. So, I looked into it and found the need to contact the Commissioner. He forwarded it to the group responsible for maintaining the pier and actually did something. They looked at it and decided to contact vendors discuss what can be done and prices. This doesn't mean that anything has changed yet, but it may, and that's big to me. I didn't mean to check an item off my list; I just wanted to see what it'd take (I was expecting "We need 500 signatures"). Instead, I spurred a team inquiry.

• Like 4

Good stuff, keep us updated with the progress.  Thank you for making a local positive change.

• Like 1

No risk, no reward

Current Challenge: Andrees in Shifting Sand Land