Forums are back in action! ×

So,

my story is that 6 months ago, I moved to Seoul (South Korea) for a language exchange.

the food here is very much my kryptonite....rice...rice cake(tteokbokki)....fried chicken...greasy oily soup...sundae(not ice cream but pig intestine)!

and the very expensive prices for fruits and vegetables...made this student consume less and less of them.

One day, my mom called and said "You got fat...again! Have you been exercising?? Eating your veggies??? Go RUN!"

At first, I was in denial, as I have worked so hard the past year to drop my weight from 95kg to 85kg (in a span of a year <--well that is an accomplishment for me anyways)

Then, I went and looked through my pictures...in a slideshow...yeap! I got fat again.

So here I am at the respawn section, respawning!

My plan is to: (*all proceeding posts regarding my battle plan will be posted in my battle log thread)

Schedule my days and revolve them around getting fitter (more exercise time slots to be allocated, picture will be posted along with my 'big why')

Downsize and choosing the better meal options out there(well the Goshiwon AKA poor man's dorms does not have a functioning kitchen...so not much cooking can be done)

*eventually I will just get (pretty healthy-looking?) sandwiches (for lunch) near my university

*I will post more on my meal plans soon

Shell out money at least 3x a week at the salad bar

Buy frozen fruits (they are cheaper..and well, fruit is fruit, frozen or not, right?)

Re-read my Big Why (which again helped me last year)

Update and share it here (look forward to it!...please hehe)

Create a battle log thread here on the forums

Transform an old phone into my personal fitness diary(PDA?)...please give me suggestion for good apps and stuff hehe

Charge my fitbit up! (Make me your fitbit buddy! ro

And...look forward for your (you guy's) support!

I look forward for your guidance!

• Like 2

First of all, don't be down, it is only normal that life takes us through some situations we don't want to be in (like gaining weight).

Focus your mind on following a routine, it will make it easier to stick with it

Prepare your own food (and no sundae... of any type :P ) in advance, meal prep is soooo important to succeed!

And remember why you're doing this :)