Forums are back in action! ×

Good morning all!

I made it here - I have decided to be strong and to commit for once and for all. 

So here I am. Hi, I'm Veeee!

I turned 30 earlier this year, and realised that, for the last 20 years, I was not happy with my body. I had numerous attempts at keeping fit and eating the right things (I'm a pescetarian, carbs have been my best comfort friends for as long as I can remember). I started running two years ago, and completed a 10k in April (12-year-old me still doesn't understand how). However, my body was still chubby and running got a little bit difficult so I trained with a PT for six weeks; the programme ended two weeks ago. I lost 8 pounds.

It was an eye opening experience, the PT definitely helped me seeing my strengths among the weaknesses! We worked on bodyweight and strength exercises, I love kettlebells, barbells and dumbells (less happy with squats and planks!); but the diet aspect of the training was the most difficult for me. Not being able to eat rice, quinoa, lentils, pulses or sweet potatoes, which were staples of my day to day life, was a bit of a nightmare. I eat a bit of eggs, salmon, tuna and cod but it's becoming a bit boring haha. I quit sugar but had a relapse over the weekend, and now I need to get back on track!

I can't really afford another six weeks financially, so I figured I could continue on my own - This is where Nerd Fitness enters the game!

Very inspiring to read articles about workouts at home and how to navigate a healthy life!

So now I'm ready; ready for the quests, the workouts, the "you can do this!", the changes in my food diary. Bring it on!

(a bit of numbers: Im 5'1, current weight: 10st 39lbs, body fat %: 44.)

Nice meeting you all, any questions let me know!

edit because I forgot:

my plan exercise wise is to mix running, yoga and strength exercises during the week.

• Like 1

hello

welcome to the rebellion.

Good to see you are trying.

Dont wait too to start your four week challenge.  

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo