Forums are back in action! ×

Get sponsored to get fit.

The best way to start this thread off is with a quote.

"you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon

Now call me nuts, but driving home from the gym this morning I got to thinking. I got a membership in January, signed up for 3 months with a personal trainer 3 days a week. My trainer and I get along pretty well and we even go on some "urban endurance runs" outside the gym that are not apart of my paid sessions. However, that extra cash flow going out of my checking sucks. So, then popped an idea.

Why not get my fitness center to sponsor me? There is a HUGE market for the couch potato turned fitness junkie story. From shows like "The Biggies Loser" to "The Revolution" people love talking about it. Since I started to level up my life, I've been looking into anything and everything to keep me going. Events like the Tough Mudder, The Warrior Dash, and even an event as extreme as the Jungle Marathon after enough training.

I tend to excite myself a little to much on some of these ideas I get. I raced home fired up the Mac and got to the research. Now, I'm lucky enough to have already left a lasting impression with the management of the fitness center. They are much aware of my goals I set for myself and frequently ask and give tips when I see them. I'm also lucky that the fitness center is locally owned and being able to talk to the owner is as easy as setting up an appointment.

Anyway, I'm prepping a sponsor proposal now. I'm going to be out of state for a week so I will not bring my proposal to management till I return on the 15th.

Here is a quick rough draft of the pitch.

What I need:

-training

Start small. prove I'm worth the investment. In an effort to get lean and mean I would like to have the trainer there to coach every step.

-possible future finances for events.

After more training and a few events later. Let them know you want to go bigger. Travel and entree fees for some events can cost thousands.

What I can give:

-Marketing/Recognition

I'm pretty much selling my soul. In return I'll wear the logo everyday, and everywhere. The company can use my face however they feel fit. Use me as the "This guy got fit at out gym" guy. Their image/logo will be present at as many events as I can get my hands on both local and national and even global maybe..

-Dedication

Get fit or die trying. It's that simple. Get in the best shape of my life and stay there. Keep doing events and talking about my fitness center. Talk to schools how to get healthy, Be the example for results people want and encourage them do it.

It doesn't hurt to try right?

Transformassacre Challenge

Current Goal: Weigh in at 200lbs or lower by May 2nd

Current Specs: 205lbs, ?? body fat (April 12th 2012)

Long term Goal:

-Meet a body fat percentage of 10% or lower by Sept 1st

-Be able to finish

Tough Mudder on Sept 8th

Best of luck with your idea. I hope it works out for you and I think it is a great idea. I know that some ex-fitness models do well working with supplement companies doing just this but they then have to take the product and that is not something that I believe in. Hope you figure it out and keep that wonderful excitment going!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Thanks for replying. haha. I saw 40 some views with no comments and thought people for sure were thinking I'm nuts.

Transformassacre Challenge

Current Goal: Weigh in at 200lbs or lower by May 2nd

Current Specs: 205lbs, ?? body fat (April 12th 2012)

Long term Goal:

-Meet a body fat percentage of 10% or lower by Sept 1st

-Be able to finish

Tough Mudder on Sept 8th