Forums are back in action! ×

What have I gotten myself into?

Hey everyone!

I have followed NF for a long time, but finally decided to join the forum ranks!

I am your typical "chubby all my life" kind of girl, but after a bad reaction to some meds years ago, my weight got out of control. I've spent 10 years blaming that instead of really doing anything about it. Last year I turned 30 and decided that I was going to run a half marathon that I have wanted to run for years. I got signed up and spent a year training and walking 5Ks. When race day came I set out with a friend who is at a MUCH higher fitness level, she tagged along to pace me and keep me going. At mile 11 my hands were so swollen and I was so dehydrated that I had to stop. In retrospect I didn't hydrate enough in the days leading up to the race. 

I tell you all this because today's Blog post about anxiety really struck a chord in me. I have had anxiety issues since my second daughter was born (I have three of those, by the way), and they have intensified over the years. After reading the article I realized how much my running last year helped with the anxiety, I also realized that after the race I basically stopped running. The anxiety has started creeping it's way back in... and that is why I am here. 

On the nerd side, I'm pretty typical. I read comics, I own all of the Marvel and Harry Potter movies. I screamed when I watched the season finale of The Walking Dead. I am always open to learning about new nerd things, and I am very excited to start learning new fitness things!

Welcome to the forums!

Well done on the marathon! You got out there and gave it a go! Totally awesome. :applouse:

You will find they have some great threads for the runners and @RandMart is a runner. He has an extremely dry sense of humour,  maybe he needs to hydrate more............anyway he is a fantastic resource, if you have questions.

Good Luck with your fitness journey.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?