Forums are back in action! ×

Time to get myself organized!

Hey folks,

I've been reading Nerd Fitness on and off for a few years. When I checked in on the blog yesterday, I saw that it was now possible to create characters and do quests for actual xp. I though it was a clever idea and decided to get in on it. I made my character a druid, although I do expect to be pulling from other classes as well.

Last summer, I was in a good place fitness-wise. I lived by a mountain and hiked all the time. I also did aerobics, yoga and zazen regularly. In the past year, things have gotten a bit off track. I moved away from the mountain with all its lovely trails, put on some weight and stopped meditating regularly.

I want to have a think about what it is I want to be doing with my time, set it down in writing, and then do it.

Time to get organized!

(That said, I'm not entirely sure "how to forums." Where should I be posting my various goals and plans and achievements?)

• Like 3
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:31 AM, Umlaut said:

(That said, I'm not entirely sure "how to forums." Where should I be posting my various goals and plans and achievements?)

First, welcome! With your background, you do sound like you'll fit right in to the Druids though of course there's no need to join any class, or to stick with one once you've joined.

You have a couple of options when it comes to posting goals. One is to participate in the 4-week challenges; you pick a couple of goals you want to work on for the duration, post a thread in the appropriate guild challenge thread, then update periodically with your progress. We are approaching the end of the 2nd week of one, but don't let that dissuade you right away. Better late than not at all! Think of it as a practice run.

The other is to start a battle log. It is effectively the same as the challenge threads in that you post your goals and your progress, except that there is no timeframe on it.

Some overachievers do both ;) Others do neither and are content to lurk and comment randomly when they want to. There's no right or wrong way (except being mean - that's definitely the wrong way).

Good luck on your journey!

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin