Forums are back in action! ×

Let's try this again...and again...

Over the last six years I've had a real problem with my weight yo-yoing back and forth, and I'm not the only man in my family with that issue. In college I dropped from 235 lbs to 180, after graduation ballooned back up to 228, got married and dropped to 175, then slowly worked my way back to 200. And that's all before joining Nerd Fitness!

NF helped me level out around 180 for a long time, which doesn't sound great from a guy who's barely 5'9" but for my body type it looked and felt good. After a year+ of complacency (and fatherhood) I'm back at 200, so it's time to acknowledge that once again I've lost my way.

I've started a new thread with a narrative focus to practice my creative writing (another thing I've wanted to do more and haven't), which you can find in the Daily Battle Logs. But the other really big thing that's different is that I'm trying to change my mindset on fatherhood from "I can't do that now" to "it's more important than ever". If I want to raise healthy kids and keep up with them, I need to have healthy habits. And if I want to have time for any kind of self-improvement, I need to make that a priority and find ways to fit it in around all the other important stuff I'm doing every day. (I loved reading the comments on Steve's recent article focused on parents, it was exactly what I needed to hear!)

So that's the plan - healthier mindset to drive healthier actions, and flexing my creativity at the same time.

• Like 1

Piercewise

Human Adventurer, Level 1

Current Quest: Adventure Time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 DEX: 1 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 2

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness; may those who defy their fate be granted glory.