Forums are back in action! ×

Fighting the Heresy of (my) laziness!

Hi everyone.  I'm a 40 year old sheep farmer from the UK and have been lifting on and of for about 6 years.  I have a tendancy to flit between programmes and struggle to maintain focus, although I do have my lifting back on track.  Previously I was a runner, starting because I needed to lose weight after college...  I am a firm believer in starting small to make steady gains.  However, I need to focus more on conditioning as I'm pretty out of shape...  That's definitely because the majority of my hobbies involve sitting on my backside... lol

My wife and I bought a Canadian canoe recently, which is now our main interest together.  I'm into comics, Warhammer 40k,  sci fi and fantasy TV and videogames too - all the usual stuff on here I guess! lol  And I hope to get and also share motivation and inspiration from the community here!

Thanks and, "For The Emperor!" :D

• Like 2

"There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector."

Welcome Adeptus! :D

You sound like one cool dude on his way to become even more awesome!

I've never been canoe'ing, from what I heard it's also a pretty good training though? Do you and your wife canoe regulary?

I have a tendancy to flit between programmes and struggle to maintain focus, although I do have my lifting back on track. 

Sounds like you're the perfect candidate for participating in a 4 week challenge or keeping a battlelog. Once you set goals beforehand and commit to them, flipflopping on programmes usually doesn't happen anymore. :) Do you have any specific plans on what you wanna do to get in shape? Seems like you have quite a few options?

Been a big fan of the Wh40k universe myself, although I haven't finished the horus heresy series (that kind of betrayal is just sooo hard to take! Also getting one's hands on the full series is crazy expensive nowadays.). Anyway, glad to see another warhammer fan around here!

• Like 1

Hi 

welcome to the rebellion.

Have fun.

• Like 1

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Thanks guys!  Yep canoeing is awesome, a very sedate paddle down a local river about once a week - very relaxing and a great chance to see nature from a completely different angle.  We both work pretty long hours and so it's nice to have something completely different to do to "get away from it all".

On 05/09/2016 at 5:23 PM, Tyrgal said:

"There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector."

Welcome Adeptus! :D

You sound like one cool dude on his way to become even more awesome!

I've never been canoe'ing, from what I heard it's also a pretty good training though? Do you and your wife canoe regulary?

Sounds like you're the perfect candidate for participating in a 4 week challenge or keeping a battlelog. Once you set goals beforehand and commit to them, flipflopping on programmes usually doesn't happen anymore. :) Do you have any specific plans on what you wanna do to get in shape? Seems like you have quite a few options?

Been a big fan of the Wh40k universe myself, although I haven't finished the horus heresy series (that kind of betrayal is just sooo hard to take! Also getting one's hands on the full series is crazy expensive nowadays.). Anyway, glad to see another warhammer fan around here!

I think I will take up one of those challenges and look into the battlelog.  I work better with "to do" lists! :D I'd like to keep my conditioning simple as it's the area with completely lack any structure in my training.  I've access to a stationary bike, a rowing machine and room to sprint or drag tyres.  I even made a punch bag which works pretty well.  Only trouble I have is making time for and sticking to it.  I'd like to coordinate lower and upper body condititioning, both for a bit of athleticism and weight loss.

I just got back into Warhammer in the summer after about 20 years!  Seems a great time to get into it again, all the relaunches and new boxsets coming out.  A real money pit though!  Trust me also to pick one of the most neglected and forgotten armies, Adeptus Sororitas.  My Battle Sisters have very little kit, fewer vehicles and even less love from Games Workshop.  Still, they do like to burn things! lol :D

• Like 1