Forums are back in action! ×

Insert coin to continue

Blah. I lost an entire summer of what could have been me getting in shape and improving at a martial art (ANY martial art) because I took on a second job for reasons that really weren't even important, then keeping it for those months because I didn't want to show up for a couple of weeks and leave. Regardless, I've now gone back to a single job, and I can admit now that it wasn't "I don't have time." to exercise, it was "I'm too tired." Heck, I was doing a routine that's about fifteen or twenty minutes, and twice a day. I could at least have kept up with that.

Anyway, though. Considering my class, it got me thinking about some of my favorite childhood memories: Going to pizza hut with my family and getting as many quarters as I could from mom and dad. I'd always put them in Mortal Kombat and keep playing until I ran out of money. I never really progressed past the first couple of fights (Hey, I was a kid!) but I kept TRYING. And, in the end, I think that's the case here. Each time, I'll do just a smidge better and make it one stage higher... and soon enough I'll drop in another quarter and instead of being at the bottom of the ladder, I'll be staring down Shao Kahn.

...Huh, there was supposed to be a point to this, but it turned more into a half-rant and half me reminiscing and drawing a vague connection between this moment and my childhood.

[progress='green']0[/progress]