Forums are back in action! ×

Any Help with Website Creating? HTML/CSS, etc.

So, I am a teacher at a (really small) private school, and since I'm also the YOUNGEST, I got conscripted into "teaching" the computer class. It wasn't so bad at the beginning of the year (I knew what I was doing), but now we're into making websites and I'm *literally* staying about 5 minutes ahead of the kids in what we're learning.

So far, I've had them mess about with basic html (so they got used to writing in codes, and stop screaming for me in panic every time they dropped an end tag "MISS ISTRA! WHY ISN'T IT WORKING! AAAAAA!"), and currently we're working through the htmldog.com tutorials. (Been through beginning html, and beginning css).

I can honestly say, I have NO idea what I'm doing, and I'm learning as I go and teaching what I learn (I wish this was unusual in the teach field ...) So ... any help?

ANYTHING AT ALL?!

I used the w3schools when I was learning in high school. It's an awesome resource for CSS and HTML.

Don't know what grade you're teaching so hard to say if that would be appropriate. JPanda's second link looks pretty nice too for a simpler approach. W3Schools is more of a reference, but the best I know of. If your kids have a basic understanding of CSS and HTML, then they would probably find it re

I have to say that it's cool that you're actually teaching them HTML and CSS. Learning an easy language like those can really get them interested in more complicated languages later on. You may just end up turning out a class-full of computer scientists. Quite possibly the nerdiest achievement available!