Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel Running Festival (April 1 - April 7)

Great!

Current 10K: 53:11

Current 5K: 25:35

Provided I don't get injured within the next couple weeks, hopefully those numbers'll be going down in time for the competition!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

That's a great time for your first 10k, Congrats :) did you wear the Vibrams?

Is it? Cool! No, I switched to running in Brooks Green Silence a couple months ago, and they work a lot better for me than Vibrams or Merrells when it comes to running. I don't have the Achilles pain I was getting before, and working on Pose running and 180 beats/minute has been easier. :)

Congrats! I ran a 10k yesterday for the first time in a very long time.

Nice! How did it feel?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Nice! How did it feel?

Awful. My legs wanted to quit 1.5 miles in. I realized pretty quickly that it was going to be a run of survival, not for time or good form. But survive I did, finishing in 64:23 without walking a single step. It was my toughest run yet both mentally and physically but I won out!

And I learned the important lesson that I need to fuel myself properly before long runs. I also vigorously thanked my past self for drinking responsibly the night before (St. Patrick's Day). The drinking and 4am bedtime surely contributed to feeling crappy but it could have been a lot worse.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I wish I would have seen this earlier! I would have loved to train for this, but I doubt I could do it with, what was said, 4 days of preparation?

I'll hop on the next one, assuming we have another one. Best of luck to all!

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

The wheels have come off the wagon for me, I'm afraid. Think I majorly overdid it last weekend when I managed to PB in the 5K on Saturday and then PB in a 5 miler on Sunday. But now I feel terrible, and am having to miss a bunch of training days/dial back my running. So less progress in racing Steve to Quito....and perhaps a few seconds off my 5K and 10K times in April! Oh well. Better that than get injured.

The wheels have come off the wagon for me, I'm afraid. Think I majorly overdid it last weekend when I managed to PB in the 5K on Saturday and then PB in a 5 miler on Sunday. But now I feel terrible, and am having to miss a bunch of training days/dial back my running. So less progress in racing Steve to Quito....and perhaps a few seconds off my 5K and 10K times in April! Oh well. Better that than get injured.
your fatigued pace will still crush the rest of us no doubt.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

You can count on it!
Awesome. I'll be sure to begin my training ASAP. :D

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

You know what sucks?

Knee injury a few days before this challenge. GAH.

I'll probably still be stubborn and run the 5k anyway, but I think I'm out for the 10k.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800