Forums are back in action! ×

Success get!

It's been a few weeks since I respawned — which makes me sound a bit like a salmon. There have been a few ups and down and it hasn't all been sunshine and lollipops, but there have also been some damn nice successes as well.

- I haven't had a drink in almost a month, I've battled with alcohol since my teens and bloody hell it feels good to have a clear head. 

- I bought a FitBit. That's not really a success in itself, but I'm now obsessive about hitting every. single. one. of my daily goals. I reckon that can only be a good thing. 

- My diet has improved, I'm even managing to run a deficit of around 500 calories per day. 

- I attend Muay Thai classes three times a week. I'm no Sagat (yet), but I love it. I can even complete 10 sit-ups and 10 leg raises! I'm still struggling with push-ups, but I'll get there. I'm hoping to increase this to four classes a week soon.

- I bike to school when the weather permits (it's a difficult time of year to achieve this every day, unfortunately).

- I've removed myself from social media, dating apps, and all other internetty things I've deemed superfluous. I'm trying to live in the real world now. 

- I paid off my credit card and will be cutting the blasted thing up.

- My motivation has increased and I've started writing my dissertation. I've procrastinated to the point where I'm still staring down the barrel of a fairly serious deadline, but if I work my butt off I can still get a great piece of work completed on time. 

I think, overall, my life is better. Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 2

STR0 DEX0 STA0 CON0 WIS0 CHA0

First of all, congratulations on not drinking in a month! Not sure I could say the same to most friends, family or coworkers so that's a pretty impressive feat. Kudos to you! But really, sounds like you've managed to level up most aspects of your life too. You got this, man! B)

Image result for thumbs up gif

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge