Forums are back in action! ×

I've been primal for a couple of months and doing well (down 20 lbs). Do to concerns about our food supply and eating habits, I was already accidentally close to primal and didn't know it. Am very happy.

Workout most days aiming for functional fitness and strength. But I totally stalled so am working with a trainer and am really improving and seeing big changes. He is big into goal setting, so I'm doing better and am more focused and, honestly, pleased. I really enjoy the hard exercise, so this is great. Also do yoga at least one day a week and walk average of 3.5 mi to/from work (benefit of city living).

Olympic weight lifts and strength training are big goals for me as is weight loss. I want a lot more weight off (I'm 165 and want to be 135 at 5'8"). Trainer says no way if I want lots of heavy lifting. Current compromise is aiming for 3-4 lb loss/ mo but hoping mostly for bf reduction.

One of my current goals is to find support (beyond trainer) for fitness, strength, and diet goals. Spouse is primal but won't work out w me (likes to be alone when working out) and isn't necessarily supportive. Friends are all marathoners or triathletes who believe fitness is a function of speed and endurance and who see me as ridiculous, coworkers believe lifting weight is scary, a bad idea etc and random limited spinning or running is best. So, I had nobody to tell how cool it was to squat 155 below knee level last night or to bench press 115 tonight. I was stoked and felt alone. So, I'm hoping to find virtual support.

Avid reader, movie buff, walk everywhere, run community garden. Very urban....

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.