Forums are back in action! ×

Tired, injured, frustrated

I feel like I'm going completely off track here. I injured my foot over a week ago and am getting so frustrated at not being able to do anything (even jog for the bus!) I've been feeling tired and zapped of energy and I wonder if that's because all I've been able to do in the evenings is sit on my butt and not get my heart rate going at all. Even my diet is going wrong (not drastically but I feel like I'm more conscious of what I'm eating if I'm also working out)

I had about 2 months of doing really well and now it feels like its all falling apart.

[/rant]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Ouch. Hope it heals for you soon.

Are you able to lift with your foot injury? I broke my foot(toes actually) last fall, and while running was a no-go(and walking was kind of painful) for a while, I could still lift. I was also able to do non-impact things(biking) as well. Are there alternative activities that would work for you? If they aren't options I apologies, I'm just trying to throw out some ideas for alternatives that you might be able to do while your foot heals. Depending on your injury, your case might be different from mine.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Ouch. Hope it heals for you soon.

Are you able to lift with your foot injury? I broke my foot(toes actually) last fall, and while running was a no-go(and walking was kind of painful) for a while, I could still lift. I was also able to do non-impact things(biking) as well. Are there alternative activities that would work for you? If they aren't options I apologies, I'm just trying to throw out some ideas for alternatives that you might be able to do while your foot heals. Depending on your injury, your case might be different from mine.

I second this! Was out for months after major knee and ankle surgery. Included having to be in bed on my back for two weeks with foot in the air. So depressing! But I cranked out crunches. Lol

When I was casted and still couldn't do too much, I learned to love those machines at the gym. Kept weight off my foot and knee but I could still workout. Helped a ton with the energy and mind zap that comes from limits after and injury. Another possibility, depending on the injury is biking or recumbent biking.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Thanks guys. I've decided I'm going to hit the gym tonight and see what I can do without it hurting too much. I think as long as I stay away from the treadmill I should be ok. Plus I'm only 50points away from levelling up on Fitocracy, if that doesnt boost me I dont know what will!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2