Forums are back in action! ×

Before: Two-ish years ago I was in the best shape of my life. My body fat was in the low teens. I ate well, worked out 6-7 days a week, and mixed things up with swimming, callisthenics, and free weights.

What happened: I hit the wall. Pretty sure I was over training and not resting enough. I was already loosing ground on my workouts, when Thanksgiving came around. I ate everything, decided to take a week break from fitness and healthy eating.

I never got back. Eventually I took a job that had me travelling the majority of the time and my habits got worse.

Low point: I found myself in the same shape as before. A stomach so big I couldn't tuck my shirt in. Super high blood pressure. I was convinced I'd end up alone having a stroke or heart attack in a hotel room.

The change: I took the Nerd Fitness approach. I began with small changes. Cutting out one bad habit. Adding another. Beginning exercises. When I finally cut sugar out of my coffee, it was a turning point.

That's been a few months now. My stomach size has gone down by more than half. I can see my muscles again. I can move like before. My blood pressure is normal.

Just this Saturday I completed the 300 workout again. I'm taking a better approach to fitness. Not avoiding the things I'm bad at (like dips and stretches) and making sure my body gets rest.

Tomorrow: I don't know. Making progress for sure. A goal I never reached before was unassisted handstand push-ups. That's an outside goal. But I feel like I need to do something else along the way.

I definitely still need to lower my body fat percentage. Haven't measured it but the eyeball test tells me I'm in the low 20s.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1