Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for interest for a future article or post (military themed)

I have been talking back and forth with Steve about the possibility of him doing an article in the future about our PRT program and ways for us to suppliment our workouts and PT so that we can be in better shape and do better on the PT test. Our guide is TC 3-22.20. You can find it on the net, but it is a boring read. I am trying to maybe put together a little something that desribes what is good and bad about it.

For example, other than the APFT scores, there is no way to track fitness goals, although fitness goals are laid out in the manual.

My goal is finding ways to suppliment the strength and running guides that steve offers with something for the few of us in the Army or in the Armed Forces. I know most of the information is in the manual, it is just sorting through everything and putting the info into words that make sense. Those who are familiar with PRT will see the same excersizes that are in steve's warm ups, cool downs, core level 1-3, and body weight workouts.....they just have different names.

Eventually, once I get un-sick, I will work on something and post it here. I am not a PT stud by any means, so I can only offer so much knowledge. I know what works for me. I am not sure the DoD community in here is big enough to even warrant it. I just figured I would put a feeler out there to see who is interested.

"Before you listen to what is said, you must first consider the source." - ME

Thanks. I am kinda hoping for a current or former Master Fitness Instructor to be out and about. My goal in this is to come up for ideas for additions to the current excersizes already in the guides. The TC is no easy read, and it even requires a 40 hour block to even understand, but it is very similar to Steve's. It just has no way, other than a test, to track progress and create goals.

"Before you listen to what is said, you must first consider the source." - ME