Forums are back in action! ×

Fitness for Fat Nerds: Doctor, Doctor Give Me the News

This is not doctor-related, but the same friend who wrote that last article posted another one: Fitness for Fat Nerds: Ohmygod Shoes!

+++

This may be the push I need to change my doctor. Last appointment was in September to get the paperwork for having my thyroid checked, like I need to every year.

Him: So, you're eating about x extra calories per day to have gained 15 pounds since you were here this time last year.

Me: I had a baby in June

Him: So, what are you doing to lose the extra weight? Because if you drink sodas, you can cut those out and that will be a lot fewer calories per day.

No discussion of whether it could be my thyroid, WHICH I WAS THERE TO HAVE CHECKED. Just the assumption that it was my horrible diet, not my pregnancy or my thyroid or any other known health situations. Turns out my thyroid dosage did need to be adjusted. After adjusting it, I'm now down to around 15-20 lbs BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight.

Ugh. I seriously wonder why people like that even become doctors. Because it's clearly not due to their caring, empathetic natures. Must be the money. :/ Congrats on the weight loss!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead