Forums are back in action! ×

Any NerdFitness teens? (15-20) or young adults as I should say.

Seeing how we have threads for men and women, I thought I'd start a thread for those of us still in High School or just starting off College.

It would be good to see how many of us there are, and we would be able to give each other moral support and be more familiar with each other's situations.

Let's start off with giving our age, our current fitness status, and our goals.

W: 210lbs H: 6'0"

Goals: Lose the fat around my sides, be overall healthier and stronger than my classmates:highly_amused:

Current workout: Stronglifts 5X5 3X/week with 25 minute HIIT intervals after.

18 years. Goals are in my signature.

You guys know that feeling when you go to bed late and want to sleep in, but then your family members decide to start rummaging around at 7:00 AM, so you can't sleep anymore?

I've had that happen with my roommate lol But I'm sure I've done the same vice versa.

I wanna be the very best..

I'm 20. Right now I'm 5'11" (181cm) and 155 (70kg).

I recently completed the "Get Stronger" phase of my training, and have moved on to the "Get Faster" phase as detailed here: http://nerdfitness.com/community/entry.php?4193-Challenge-ACCEPTED!-%28-I-wonder-how-many-people-use-that-line-%29 -- I just finished Day 2.

My current fitness goals end with the completion of the Tough Mudder on August 18th.

Ah, I still live at home. 30 minutes of travel TOTAL between the front door and the university. I also get to play the piano really loud when no-one's home (freestanding home), have a big backyard where I can workout and when I come home, my meal's already cooked. ^^ There are quite a few downsides, though. Like PARENTS WAKING YOU UP AFTER 5 HOURS OF SLEEP EFOIVFJSDIOGHPWIEUTGW*HBFKNV~DLIBNQR#( UQ(*Y@$T(&HGRJIFSVNLKDGFHJP(W&YTR#*(FPSDJO:FJHO:FGS~

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

19 year old male here. Goals are to get prepared for Basic Training for the Army next summer. Long term goals are 64 pushups in 2 minutes, 72 situps in 2 minutes, and run a 13:42 2 mile. I got a year for this happen, and I'm slowly working my way there.

I'm trying not to get TOO wrapped up in the appearance aspect of this. I forget who said it, but I remember reading a quote on this site along the lines of "Appearance is a side-effect of fitness," or something like that. I'm just trying to become physically capable of these things, and if that makes me look freakin amazing, then even better! But I will agree, looking at myself in the mirror and seeing my jeans too big and my abs start to appear is a great feeling.

Getting my own place in August of this year, and with that comes a free gym membership. That excites me as well. Hope with this group of people here I can get a good network going. I'm anxious to start seeing results, and hearing about you alls successes as well!

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

At least I'm not the youngest one on here...

I'm 17, 6'1", 200lb, and currently ditching fat and getting ready for the crew season (which is now only a week away). I live at home, but staying Paleo hasn't been too hard, and my workouts all happen at the gym at school. Being the only one who eats like I do, I've gotten to be a much better cook really quickly. :D

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Guest Tigger

I guess I only have 1 year left in the 'Young Adult' class, better make it count!

20yrs old, 140lbs, 2nd year at college, moving into 1st apartment!!!! w00t XD

I'm currently planning a major 15 week challenge for myself over the summer. 60 working hrs + re-teaching myself Latin + epic workouts = summer fun...? I'll try to link it back here when I finally post it up :)

I guess I only have 1 year left in the 'Young Adult' class, better make it count!

20yrs old, 140lbs, 2nd year at college, moving into 1st apartment!!!! w00t XD

I'm currently planning a major 15 week challenge for myself over the summer. 60 working hrs + re-teaching myself Latin + epic workouts = summer fun...? I'll try to link it back here when I finally post it up :)

Re-learning stuff is always pretty easy. You'll be surprised at how much you remember.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Hi all :D I'm 18 and just started my last term of first year at Uni. I've always been the typical underweight-weakling nerd, but I've been working to change that. If my predictions are correct, tommorow I might manage my first set of pistol squats, and my goal is to be able to do a one-handed push up by the beginning of October.

For the guys who are living on there own, is anyone else having trouble resisting the chocolate/sugar binge sessions while trying to finish work on time?

Guest Tigger
For the guys who are living on there own, is anyone else having trouble resisting the chocolate/sugar binge sessions while trying to finish work on time?

lol, absolutely!

well, I'm failing more than succeeding, but I'm hoping to change that when I move off-campus. It's hard to find a balance between having 'study snacks' in the room and not having a kitchen. I'm moving during the summer to an off-campus apartment, so I'm looking forward to having a kitchen that I can actually use and lots of good, healthy snacks :)

My roommate uses trail mix and raisins, but I'm a picky eater so I'm kinda stuck :(

lol, absolutely!

well, I'm failing more than succeeding, but I'm hoping to change that when I move off-campus. It's hard to find a balance between having 'study snacks' in the room and not having a kitchen. I'm moving during the summer to an off-campus apartment, so I'm looking forward to having a kitchen that I can actually use and lots of good, healthy snacks :)

Can I please just say that this is the story of my life, only with pretzels, beef jerky, popcorn, and cheez-its instead of chocolate. I've always been a sucker for salty things, especially when I'm tired--which is always now that my sleeping schedule is damaged due to working until 3am twice a week and going out on the weekends.

Next year I'll have a bigger fridge and a kitchen (and no basement vending machine) so I'm going to store lots of healthier things there for when I inevitably get the urge to eat, haha.

But for the record I'm 20, 5'3" and ~150lbs, lifting 3-4x/week and trying my hardest to eat high-protein and git too stronk

/also I meant to quote both quotes but only quoted one #fail sorry lol

Other youngish people! Hello.

So breaking myself down:

I'm 20, 6', 175lbs (maybe? I don't weight myself)

Goals: Look great naked. Be healthy.

Current Workout:

Bike 2x/week. Yoga 1x/week. Body weight strength training 3x/week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Jump Rope Rotations: 20,500/80,000

What is Dead May Never Die, but Rise Again, Harder and Stronger